RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

It’s been said before and it’ll be said again because it’s true. Two different crowds from Saturday’s Liverpool and Sunday’s Spurs crowd to last night. The people who sat around me were literally tourists and the regulars weren’t there. For the first time this season I’ve knocked midweek games on the head because I missed too many due to work.

What angers me is the stupidity of marketeers and the likes of Glenn Hoddle who was having a pop at the crowd last night. The club and everyone else wants your average fan to turn up on a Tuesday night for a game where we had already qualified, preferably having spent a couple of hundred quid in the club shop and another 20-30 on food and chant like loons for 90 minutes as though it were the Dippers.

It’s unrealistic. It’s naive. Contrary to popular belief it doesn’t happen elsewhere. If you are prioritising an atmosphere you would have a different ticketing policy but don’t expect the club shop tills to be ringing.
Yet it was a CL home game last season, with loads of tourists, that had probably the best atmosphere for a long while.

Yet it was a CL home game last season, with loads of tourists, that had probably the best atmosphere for a long while.
I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason to it sometimes. Although it was an early kick off v Dippers, the crowd were great until half time. Then they ambled back into the stadium 5 minutes after half time kicked off. It was like a Student Let with an odd collective hangover. Happened a couple of times tbf. Do crowds have moods?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.