Laporte
Ake
Rodri
Kdb
Bernardo
Foden
Mahrez
Haaland.

Laporte over stones for me just so we can have a right and left footer for better passing angles. Gundo hard to leave out but you have to have kdb in there and I'd want Bernardos energy in there particularly to help cover the counter. Front 3 all provide a goal threat.

They've got key injuries which is very fortunate for us, play at our old intensity, we win, and probably fairly comfortably in the end. play like we have for most of the season though with slow football and no real desire to actually try to score and it could get very nervy. I expect us to win but not very convincingly and I'll take that.

We were pretty good against them first hand bar a little less creative than normal. Second half we lost control for 20 minutes before regaining the initiative without any goal to show for it. Hopefully a full house and a decent atmosphere for this one.

Not sure what team Pep plays but a fast start would be great. Thankfully we’re starting to pick up clean sheets, we could do with another. If we play as we did first half first leg for both halves we should be fine.

Why is it bad to play Left footed winger on the left & right footed winger on the right ?

Pep have done it before with Leroy & Raheem, played Foden on both wings

So why can't Jack & Riyad try it as well ?

And for Foden as a LB, Pep has used Bernardo for few games there and I think Foden can do well there.
I say we play Petrov at full back

Kev spoke very well in the presser. Such a talent and he has gave his all to us over the years. If I had to rely on 1 person getting us over the line then it’s him. Right up there with Yaya and Dave for me.
Well said Wolfy, he might not be at his best this season but he always gives his all and is still arguably the best passer in Europe. Love it when I see him still pressing in the 85th minute in games. What a player he’s been for us.

I very much think it needs to be Bernardo KDB and Rodri in the midfield. Gundo and Kevin doesn’t work at all. Wouldn’t hate Walker at RB, his speed will be key on the counters. Akanji needs to be no where near the XI with Stones and LaPorte fit.

All in all wish I could be as confident as everyone else. Leipzig scream the profile of teams that have given us a lot of trouble in the past. An early goal will be huge to take them out of it. If this is 0-0 approaching the hour mark… lord help us.

Really, really looking forward to this one. The Champions League is a bloated tournament, especially when you’re a top side. The group stages rarely capture the imagination and it’s hard to get excited when you win the first leg of the round of sixteen 5-0, so a finely poised 1-1 against a top German side is pretty mouthwatering.
If UEFA really wanted to make the CL an exciting competition they would have made it only top team qualified from the group and ditched the last 16.
The extra jeopardy in the group stages would have been brilliant and the losing the last 16 round probably wouldn't have hurt anyone financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.