RB Leipzig (H) - Tue 28th Nov, 20:00 | CL | Pre- Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt any of their current players remember the DDR given that the wall came down 34 years ago & reunification happened 3 years later.
I passed 3 of their entourage out running earlier in RBL training tops on the Bridgewater Canal towpath. Not sure if they were players, coaching staff or backroom staff but they gave me a friendly "good morning" as we passed.
I suspect the younger generation would have been told by their parents what it was like. I visited the Staze museum in Leipzig some years ago, and the way they used people to inform on family, friends, neighbours etc was a real eye opener.

I suspect the younger generation would have been told by their parents what it was like. I visited the Staze museum in Leipzig some years ago, and the way they used people to inform on family, friends, neighbours etc was a real eye opener.

I visited the DDR museum in Berlin a few years back and learnt a lot in terms of politics, policing and everyday life. Was quite mind-blowing.

Based on the standings in other groups, winning it would make things a lot easier potentially.

I would expect Pep to pick a strong team and then make changes if we have the game wrapped up. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same side that won in Leipzig. We controlled that game, and although they got level, should have been out of sight by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.