RE: Gareth Barry, I think i'm mad...

Walshy2013 said:
woahmark said:
He is a really, really good player - like others have mentioned, he is missed when he's not playing. However, I don't think he should get another contract - it's time for a younger player to be given a chance/bought.

There are plenty of good players out there who can do Barry's job.

What an absolute nob......." He is a really, really good player - so shouldn't get another contract " .... You couldn't make it up !!!!

oops responded to wrong post s)

Barry hands down one of our best players the last couple of season.

Bojinov my friend you are talking shit.

coulsonblue said:
ethan23 said:
kevodevo said:
Let's take a look at the facts -
We would not have won the league last year without Barry
We would not have won the FA cup either without Barry.
Barry does what is necessary when it's necessary and he does it well .
He does not need pace he has a footbaell brain which is lacking in all current Englamd players.
He has had the odd ' bad game ' this season - Show me someone in the City team who hasn't this season .
Keep the guy and peopLe may learn from him.
Folk who want rid really do not know football simple really.

He may have contributed but he's still the inferior of the 2 out of Yaya and himself.
And there are better players than him available.

Sure but not on the team this season. He performs a job and usually does it quite well. We certainly need to upgrade this position if we are going to do anything in the CL. He can still play well in a lesser role for us domestically next year but we can't rely on him like we have. I think he's worn down this year. At his age and his lack of pace it's not a good idea to rely on him so heavily to play every game.

Barry isn't a star. He shouldn't stand out. He's the quiet man there laying a platform for the proper stars to shine. Unfortunately this season our stars didn't perform often enough.

He's not a world-beater. He doesn't score goals or dribble round opponents shouting 'ole' as he passes. He just gets on with his job in a consistent manner. If the likes of Yaya Toure, a player with considerably more talent and better physical attributes are lazy bastards who routinely under-perform that's not Gareth Barry's fault.

I agree he lacks mobility and the time for Rodwell has come. We saw what a good player he can be at the weekend. But I certainly wouldn't be pushing Barry out of the door. He was excellent in the swamp derby and FA Semi, two huge games in the space of a week.

Jack Wills said:
Walshy2013 said:
Barry is cack - wouldn't get in barca,s reserves in his prime. We don't want or need steady eddies imo. ( better than tommy cleverley tho )

Rodders hopefully will stay fit and develop into the best midfielder in the country next season.

I'm sorry but that's utter bollocks. If we had a team full of galactico David Silva type players and no 'steady eddies' as you call them we'd be absolutely dicked every game because when we lost the ball we wouldn't be able to break up opposition attacks or read the situation developing.

Barry is a quality player who allows the 'stars' to play. If anyone thinks he's shit or that a team can play with 10 dribblers/strikers outfield they must be about 8 years old or have no idea about the game.
Oh ok i stand corrected - you really know your stuff...... bazza for captain and lets build a team around him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.