RE: Gareth Barry, I think i'm mad...

David Silva named Barry as his player of the year when we won the league. It truly amazes me that people who go to the games don't see what he does for the team. Yes he's had a couple of stinkers but he's usually very consistent. He constantly breaks up play and gets us back on the attack and reads the game so well. To put it in a nutshell he makes the game look easy and that's why he gets slated. If he was playing for that lot from Salford he'd be lauded the world over.

Barry is cack - wouldn't get in barca,s reserves in his prime. We don't want or need steady eddies imo. ( better than tommy cleverley tho )

Rodders hopefully will stay fit and develop into the best midfielder in the country next season.

woahmark said:
He is a really, really good player - like others have mentioned, he is missed when he's not playing. However, I don't think he should get another contract - it's time for a younger player to be given a chance/bought.

There are plenty of good players out there who can do Barry's job.

What an absolute nob......." He is a really, really good player - so shouldn't get another contract " .... You couldn't make it up !!!!

He was one of the stand out performers last season and overall his contribution since signing has been excellent - that's not to say that this is likely to continue for much longer unfortunately, the signs are already there that his very best is behind him. This season he's looked out of sorts in a few matches and there are times when the game seems to pass him by. That said when he does turn up he still offers us something that none of our other midfielders do which is to offer protection to the back four and, as much as I hate the cliche - putting out fires around the pitch and breaking up attacks. Hopefully the introduction of Rodwell will mean as Barry's form does start to drop we've already got somebody who can slot in fairly seamlessly. He's certainly been one of our better signings though and the op is harsh to say the least.

Gareth Barry is absolute quality. There probably are players who could do it better than him, but not many. He gets the job done with no fuss and we miss him when he's not there. Makes up for Yaya when hes not in the mood and lets him get forward when he is.

P.S if his name ended in -inho you'd never here the end of how good he is.

good pro solid performances can read and know were to be in a game.He covered for yaya all the time if he had pace he would be worth a fortune.He can still do a job in premiership middle to bottom teams but not against the top teams hope he stays another year.

Criticism of Barry is interesting. Admittedly not his best game in cup final, but against Chelsea in SF and United away he was outstanding. Is he irreplaceable? No. But our midfield without him yesterday was invisible IMO. He does the work of 2 men at times particularly when Yaya has one of his lazy heads on.

Walshy2013 said:
Barry is cack - wouldn't get in barca,s reserves in his prime. We don't want or need steady eddies imo. ( better than tommy cleverley tho )

Rodders hopefully will stay fit and develop into the best midfielder in the country next season.

I'm sorry but that's utter bollocks. If we had a team full of galactico David Silva type players and no 'steady eddies' as you call them we'd be absolutely dicked every game because when we lost the ball we wouldn't be able to break up opposition attacks or read the situation developing.

Barry is a quality player who allows the 'stars' to play. If anyone thinks he's shit or that a team can play with 10 dribblers/strikers outfield they must be about 8 years old or have no idea about the game.

Had a brilliant season last year but has been very poor since Christmas (apart from the swamp Derby) I like him but can see that he is not capable of making the step up to Champions League quality. We need to replace him if we are serious about progressing.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Had a brilliant season last year but has been very poor since Christmas (apart from the swamp Derby) I like him but can see that he is not capable of making the step up to Champions League quality. We need to replace him if we are serious about progressing.
Got to agree.Barry looked very slugish this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.