Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

I dont think it will be upped to 5 games. I cant see how the appeal is frivolous(spelling?). Its 50/50 in the media.

VOOMER said:
Foy, apparently told Mancini that he had made a mistake and should only have issued a yellow. This was apparently a statement witnessed by two other members of city staff, neither being Mickey Francis
Ha ha.

My understanding is that it can't be reduced to a yellow so if the referee says it was worthy of a yellow then the red will stand. He has to say he got it completely wrong and shouldn't have issued any card in order for it to be rescinded. I'll qualify this by saying I'm not 100% on that.

Tricky_Trev said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Tricky_Trev said:
So does this mean it's now a 5 match ban?
could well do and all for slipping while tackling and NOT touching the man!
I don't think there's any 'could' about it. It is now a 5 match ban. I think after calming down from the incident, i'd have probably decided not to appeal, such is the farcical nature of the process.

I think there are too many things wrong with the decision that we couldn't ignore it, otherwise when will these ref's ever get looked at?! next week he will send someone off for jumping for a header with both feet off the floor and not touching another player...

1. Rooney's reaction changed his mind, wasn't even blowing up until shrek got in his face.

2. No other person bar Rooney even thought it was a foul.

3. The huge weight from 90% of neutrals and even some united fans that he got it wrong.

4. Serial diver Nani never even went down.

5. There was no malice whatsoever and no excessive force used, he was off the floor for a minimum amount of time and was always in favour to win the ball, which he did so perfectly.

6. (I think) he can now play in the first semi, not sure what the 2 games after the other semi are, but which are more important?!

All we can do is hope something good comes from it, judging from the FA recently I'd take them reducing it to maybe 1/2 games, but who knows... Will somebody get onto Bernstien?!!

Tricky_Trev said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Tricky_Trev said:
So does this mean it's now a 5 match ban?
could well do and all for slipping while tackling and NOT touching the man!
I don't think there's any 'could' about it. It is now a 5 match ban. I think after calming down from the incident, i'd have probably decided not to appeal, such is the farcical nature of the process.
It's not automatically extended to 5 games. They only do that if they think the appeal is "frivolous" (usually to allow them to manipulate the games the player misses). If they think City had genuine reasons for the appeal then they won't add the extra game.

Barton and the Wolves player didnt get extended bans for their appeals. I dont think it will get overturned but it wont be 5 games.

2 prem games but Spurs one of them so a big loss

Dubai Blue said:
VOOMER said:
Foy, apparently told Mancini that he had made a mistake and should only have issued a yellow. This was apparently a statement witnessed by two other members of city staff, neither being Mickey Francis
Ha ha.

My understanding is that it can't be reduced to a yellow so if the referee says it was worthy of a yellow then the red will stand. He has to say he got it completely wrong and shouldn't have issued any card in order for it to be rescinded. I'll qualify this by saying I'm not 100% on that.

I am not 100% qualified either, but I would venture to say if he says it was a yellow card offence then the red will be recinded. ;)

The more I watch it, I don't even think it was a tackle, Nani never had control of the ball, and was further from it than Vince when the interception was made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.