Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

samharris said:
VOOMER said:
Jumanji said:
fc4.gif

Clearly went for the ball with the right left slipped nani nowhere near getting the ball and Foy has now admitted he was wrong.

Where did you get that news from bud.??..good if true,wont change yesterdays result but we cant afford to lose vinnie..

Made up if true.

Foy, apparently told Mancini that he had made a mistake and should only have issued a yellow. This was apparently a statement witnessed by two other members of city staff, neither being Mickey Francis. Foy can change his mind if he wishes and point out in his report that on reflection it shouldn't have been a yellow.

Dubai Blue said:
charliebigspuds said:
Jumanji said:

that looks a lot worse than it did at the match or on ITV last night especially the pause, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.
His feet were quite a distance apart so it wasn't really a two-footed tackle; he was clearly always going to play the ball with his right foot only. But the second his other foot left the ground, he was inviting trouble.

Never a red card for me, but there's enough in it to render any appeal completely superfluous (other than in delaying the inevitable ban).

Annoyingly, it was completely unnecessary as well. A normal sliding tackle along the ground would quite comfortably have had the desired effect.

The more i watch it the more it looks like he brought his other leg round to control the ball and stop it getting away from him after winning it, and as has been said, he was intercepting the ball so would of wanted to retain posession afterwards which he did perfectly!

If they go with those two points then it may make the FA at least consider it was a big mistake.

VOOMER said:
Foy, apparently told Mancini that he had made a mistake and should only have issued a yellow. This was apparently a statement witnessed by two other members of city staff, neither being Mickey Francis.
Source.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Tricky_Trev said:
So does this mean it's now a 5 match ban?
could well do and all for slipping while tackling and NOT touching the man!
I don't think there's any 'could' about it. It is now a 5 match ban. I think after calming down from the incident, i'd have probably decided not to appeal, such is the farcical nature of the process.

Jumanji said:
Dubai Blue said:
dom said:
So does that mean that all sliding tackles are red card offences ?
As it's all about the referee's interpretation then, yes, most tackles have an element to them that can be used to support a certain argument.
Bollocks.gif
It's not bollocks at all. If a referee deems any tackle to have used excessive force or to have been reckless IN HIS OPINION, then an argument for a red card can be put forward. And as it's a matter of opinion, as per the Laws of the Game, the FA won't overturn it unless he comes out himself and says he got it wrong. The vaguness of the laws in this respect means the decision is always subjective rather than objective.

Tricky_Trev said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Tricky_Trev said:
So does this mean it's now a 5 match ban?
could well do and all for slipping while tackling and NOT touching the man!
I don't think there's any 'could' about it. It is now a 5 match ban. I think after calming down from the incident, i'd have probably decided not to appeal, such is the farcical nature of the process.
agreed..... the only thing the club might be thinking is I'm sure refs remember the clubs that kick up a fuss and those that don't, I can't believe Chris Foy wants to go thru this process and would much sooner we drop it. Maybe next time he will think twice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.