Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/January/Blues-appeal-Kompany-dismissal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -dismissal</a>

before the wednesday carling cup match.. so cant be extended to 5 as we are not appealing just so he can play.. also since when are appeals heard so quickly

City have today lodged an appeal with the Football Association relating to the red card issued to Vincent Kompany during Sunday's FA Cup tie with Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium.

The FA have confirmed that a hearing will be held ahead of Wednesday evening’s Carling Cup semi-final first leg tie at home to Liverpool.

dom said:
Dubai Blue said:
dom said:
Sorry I meant that I think it IS worth appealing, especially given weight an conviction of neutrals' responses I've seen in the press and heard on the radio
Unfortunately, it has to be an absolutely clear-cut error for it to be rescinded. Most commentators are saying it should only have been a yellow; sadly, that isn't enough of an error for a red card to be overturned. Both feet are off the ground for a split second and that's the moment they will point to when upholding the suspension.

So does that mean that all sliding tackles are red card offences ?
As it's all about the referee's interpretation then, yes, most tackles have an element to them that could be used to support a certain argument. I don't think it was a red card, but the FA simply don't go overturning their referees' decisions on a point of opinion. It has to be something that is clearly wrong, but in this case I think both sides can be argued. So if Foy doesn't overturn his own decision (which he's extremely unlikely to do), the FA won't do it for him.

6666783539_2eacb21649_o.jpg

"Don't you forget who pays your wages t@@t and get that red card out!"

Dubai Blue said:
dom said:
So does that mean that all sliding tackles are red card offences ?
As it's all about the referee's interpretation then, yes, most tackles have an element to them that can be used to support a certain argument.
Bollocks.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.