Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

i dont think he will get off. the fa will only do 2 things

a) defend rooney even if he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt

b) defend the ref even though he has a history of helping moan u

they will defend Rooney for kicking the player off the ball but will ban a player FOR going to win the ball

if phil jones had made that tackle, it wouldn't have been a foul and he would be hailed and officially named the new bobby moore.

i'm still struggling to get over how good it was. if the FA don't rescind it then there's no hope for defenders.

BlueRiz said:
ban-mcfc said:
look at rooney here, fucking disgrace to the game. after he slated ronaldo for getting him sent off as well, i'm sorry but it's one of the tackles of the season....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gA6IQzVDrA[/youtube]

Just noticing something... Nani was never in posession of the ball nor had he made contact. Does that even matter guys? (Just unsure myself so throwing it out there)

Kompany was in control all the way and more I look at the clips (not that 1 clip on f*cking RAGCAFE which makes it look extreme), trying very hard not think with the blue side of my brain here, Vinny is tackling with his right leg and controlling the tackled ball with his left. Also, he doesn't lunge in more 'sits' himself and guides only one leg towards the tackle ... his left leg is not even in the tackle?!

He looks in control cos he lands at angle so he can use his arm to lift off again after winning the challenge.

If the FA will only over turn if the REF admits a mistake, then WHAT THE F*CK is the point of an appeal.

Every Blue fan on here saying "100% not gonna be over turned", that's fair enough, but I don't understand the ones saying the Ref has to admit mistake for it to be overturned otherwise FA will back him cos hes the man. If that's the TRUE case then it makes the appeal process unfeasible and it should be scrapped. The Ref should put in his report if he was wrong and the FA can then notify the club, we are rescinding.

Roberto, City staff, the post-match experts at city must have either heard Foy saying he was wrong or they know something more than us about the appeal process cos its plain stupid this if the case is that the only chance is REF getting it 100% wrong OR he admits mistake.

Is it or does that mean football is not about teams, skill, spirit, passion and energy ... fuck all that off, its all about the Ref. He is god on the pitch and the FA like it that way.

I don't think it is a case of they can't rescind unless he admits an error just that they won't rescind unless he does. They will look for any reason they can to back him if he stands by his decision.

The FA have an opportunity to show the rest of football just how hypocritical and morally corrupt an organisation it is. On the other hand they also have the opportunity to apply some decency and common sense and decency.

An England player blatantly kicks an opponent from behind, clearly violent behaviour and with indisputable intent to hurt an opponent. The FA however appeal against the 3 game ban, we assume on the grounds that it wasn't an act of violence, despite all evidence that it was. This is for a player who has a track record of similar behaviour at both international and club level.

Kompany, on the other hand, makes what appears to be an honest attempt to win the ball, clearly without intent to harm an opponent, and arguably perhaps not even worthy of a free kick. The vast majority of independent pundits and journos seem to share this opinion. In fact from the video evidence it seems likley that without Rooney's intervention the Referee may well have waved play on.

The FA however are now in the position of being able to enforce a 4 match suspension on the player, not very long after they had themselves pursued and won their appeal to have Rooney's act of violence reduced to a 2 game ban.

If the FA have any principles whatsoever, Kompany's card will be at least downgraded to a yellow, but whether they will do that without input from the Referee is doubtful IMO. Chris Foy should make it easy for them by having the guts to come forward and say that in hindsight he got it wrong. I'd like to bet he won't.

Watching the tackle in slow motion from behind you can quite clearly see he is going to tackle with his right foot and as he comes in his left leg clearly gives way and he slips, I have played football at a high level and there is no way on earth that is a two footed tackle, his left leg slipped and that's the only thing which can incriminate him.
I just hope on the panel they actually have people on it that have played the game, anyone who says that is a two footed tackle has either never played the game or is a f.... Wit ala baconface or potato head!

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
The FA have an opportunity to show the rest of football just how hypocritical and morally corrupt an organisation it is. On the other hand they also have the opportunity to apply some decency and common sense and decency.

An England player blatantly kicks an opponent from behind, clearly violent behaviour and with indisputable intent to hurt an opponent. The FA however appeal against the 3 game ban, we assume on the grounds that it wasn't an act of violence, despite all evidence that it was. This is for a player who has a track record of similar behaviour at both international and club level.

Kompany, on the other hand, makes what appears to be an honest attempt to win the ball, clearly without intent to harm an opponent, and arguably perhaps not even worthy of a free kick. The vast majority of independent pundits and journos seem to share this opinion. In fact from the video evidence it seems likley that without Rooney's intervention the Referee may well have waved play on.

The FA however are now in the position of being able to enforce a 4 match suspension on the player, not very long after they had themselves pursued and won their appeal to have Rooney's act of violence reduced to a 2 game ban.

If the FA have any principles whatsoever, Kompany's card will be at least downgraded to a yellow, but whether they will do that without input from the Referee is doubtful IMO. Chris Foy should make it easy for them by having the guts to come forward and say that in hindsight he got it wrong. I'd like to bet he won't.

Nail. Head.

Details copied from soccerhelp.com
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerhelp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerhelp.com/</a>
Soccer Red Card - A player must be shown a Red Card and "sent off" (i.e., made to leave the field). A player shown a "Red Card" & sent off may not be replaced during that game (i.e., his team must play a player "short" for the rest of the game; however, in some leagues a player may be replaced if he is ejected for receiving a second Yellow Card). Serious foul play (includes any use of excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball. Examples include a dangerous slide tackle from behind, or an "over the top tackle" in which a player raises his foot so the cleats could hit a player, or a two footed tackle that takes down the opponent. FIFA has broadened this definition by saying that "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play. For current rules visit fifa.com, Laws of the Game. The above quote is from Questions and Answers, Additional Instructions for Referees). The rules now include "Decision 4", which says: "A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play".
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerhelp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerhelp.com/</a>

Interperate this as you want

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:

Fantastic post, says all I was thinking but we have no chance of winning the appeal as the FA would have to go against not only the ref but also Ferguson after his disgracefull post match comments about Vinny,
Very sad to say it but top level football in England is corrupt, Probably almost imposible to prove,
I hope to god we can do it but I have a horrible feeling we are going to have great difficulty winning the league no matter how well we play, lets face it we have had Ballo, Barry & now VK sent off & there has not been a bad tackle in any of the incidents.

bluelol said:
Details copied from soccerhelp.com
Soccer Red Card - A player must be shown a Red Card and "sent off" (i.e., made to leave the field). A player shown a "Red Card" & sent off may not be replaced during that game (i.e., his team must play a player "short" for the rest of the game; however, in some leagues a player may be replaced if he is ejected for receiving a second Yellow Card). Serious foul play (includes any use of excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball. Examples include a dangerous slide tackle from behind, or an "over the top tackle" in which a player raises his foot so the cleats could hit a player, or a two footed tackle that takes down the opponent. FIFA has broadened this definition by saying that "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play. For current rules visit fifa.com, Laws of the Game. The above quote is from Questions and Answers, Additional Instructions for Referees). The rules now include "Decision 4", which says: "A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play".

Interperate this as you want

I think we may find that the FA will interpret it as THEY want !!

Any hard & solid tackle, even from the front, could be deemed as 'endangering an opponent'. Being on the end of a full blooded tackle from a player built like Micah Richards, for example, is going to hurt.

The wording leaves it wide open for Referees and the FA to give what they want, when they want and to whom they want. Unless the player wears a red shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.