Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

blueinsa said:
[quote="MCFC BOB
It's two footed. Whether you touch the player you are attempting to tackle or not, the rules state that if you lunge in to a challenge with both feet off the floor, you've got to walk.

The question still remains then why was Giggs not shown a red for his two footed lunge on Aguero.
Didnt get the ball, from behind, scissored his legs, two footed and with his complete body off the floor.
MUCH worse.

nmc said:
We all need to act and write to the FA - anyone got the e-mail address we can use - to make our feelings known re Mr Foy - who quite clearly thinks he had a good game on Sunday - the turd.

Why not go and bang your head against the wall for half an hour?

It is just as useful

It was never going to get overturned. When at the game I thought it was a perfectly good challenge and I still think the game is mad if you can't make challenges like that, but the fact is the law says 2 footed challenges are a red so they werent going to overturn.

I know there have been loads of incidents similar where people have not got send off - someone on talksport last night mentioned a Shrek challenge on Sagna last season that Durham and Gough just glazed over, but in these appeals I very much doubtthey don't compare 1 challenge to another. They will have just looked at the footage and said yes, he's gone in with both feet, can't do that so a red.

No point all moaning about it, what we need to do now is get behind the players on the pitch and see them through the next month. We are arguably missing our 2 most influential players in Vinnie and Yaya but lets shove it up the rest of the teams and prove we have the balls to win this.

Time to let it go now chaps. Use our energy to roar the lads onto Victory in the next four and beyond.

Remember the cataclysmic event in Munich back in September? How did the lads react? Pulled together and strode onwards.

Lets give them a hand.

ell said:
PistonBlue said:
Do we know who was on the 'independent regulatory commission'?
Fergie, Wayne Rooney and Gill

On a slightly different note, but watching soccer Saturday this week, Sunderland were given the award for performance of the week after beating city. Paul merson said that it was a joke and that surely Blackburn should have won it after beating scum at the swamp, he asked Stelling who sat on the panel to award this and the answer was people from the LMA including.......

....Bacon chops himself. ycnmiu.

doomuk said:
blueinsa said:
[quote="MCFC BOB
It's two footed. Whether you touch the player you are attempting to tackle or not, the rules state that if you lunge in to a challenge with both feet off the floor, you've got to walk.

The question still remains then why was Giggs not shown a red for his two footed lunge on Aguero.
Didnt get the ball, from behind, scissored his legs, two footed and with his complete body off the floor.
MUCH worse.
In my view it was a worse tackle, but nothing was given and that's that. We move on and deal without Vincent for a week or two.

To be expected really - As soon as they gave Foy a game for this coming weekend I suspected this would be the outcome.

On the bright side - Kompany will have an enforced rest which he is unlikely to have had without the ban. It could be a blessing (fingers crossed)

We do have enough quality to replace him for these next 4 games as long as we keep 11 on the pitch. I personally think this will be good for Savic in the long run too.

F**k the FA we don't need any favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.