Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

MCFC BOB said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
Yes, two footed. I expect his other leg to be tucked under.

His leg tucked under where? His body? Next time you play football, try and make a tackle where the foot you are going to win the ball with moves forward at speed and try and keep your leg tucked under your body, it's near impossible and would risk serious injury, both his feet had to come through. It wasn't a two footed tackle as only one foot was ever moved towards the ball, the trailing came through after the ball had been won clearly. It is in no way a two footed tackle, not in a million years.
One footed tackle, leg tucked under the body:

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

Getting fed up with the blue tinters to now Bob its a red card. We all need to move on and stop fucking moaning. Some of the bullshit on this tread is irritating lets move on now its over. No e-mail or bluemoon e-petition will change anything. He jumps with 2 feet. There is never consistency in football so bringing up old challenges mean nothing. He got a red it got upheld now move on.

grunge said:
MCFC BOB said:
blueinsa said:
The game is dieing a slow death.

Miss 80 mins of a match and a further 4 games for kicking a football and not touching an opposing player.
It's two footed. Whether you touch the player you are attempting to tackle or not, the rules state that if you lunge in to a challenge with both feet off the floor, you've got to walk.

Go take a read of the rule book and show me where it says that?

Rule book is here....

<a class="postlink" href="http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affedera ... 11_12e.pdf</a>

The only rules for a red card are
* Serious Foul Play.
* Violent Conduct.
* Spitting at an opponent or other person.
* denying the opposition a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity by deliberatly handling the ball.
* Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the players goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick.
*Using offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures.
*receiving a second yellow.

At most Kompany's tackle is reckless which is classed as a yellow

Page 111: Reckless: Means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned.

The red was bullshit and the FA are pathetic.

Correct.

Foy must be made about as welcome as the KKK at a reggae convention if he ever has the gall to come near ES
Cowardly scumbag

As for carpet head I´ve got the doll and the needles out as I speak

Despicable coont - he will get his come-uppance big time

Well Ferguson, Rooney and Ferdinand all said it was a red card, wouldn't want to upset them, would we?

MCFC BOB said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:

His leg tucked under where? His body? Next time you play football, try and make a tackle where the foot you are going to win the ball with moves forward at speed and try and keep your leg tucked under your body, it's near impossible and would risk serious injury, both his feet had to come through. It wasn't a two footed tackle as only one foot was ever moved towards the ball, the trailing came through after the ball had been won clearly. It is in no way a two footed tackle, not in a million years.

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

-- January 10th, 2012, 3:32 pm --

grunge said:
MCFC BOB said:
It's two footed. Whether you touch the player you are attempting to tackle or not, the rules state that if you lunge in to a challenge with both feet off the floor, you've got to walk.

Rule book is here....

<a class="postlink" href="http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affedera ... 11_12e.pdf</a>

* Serious Foul Play.
* Violent Conduct.
* denying the opposition a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity by deliberatly handling the ball.
* Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the players goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick.

Page 111: Reckless: Means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned.

They've banned him for 'serious foul play'. Do some reading yourself.

As I said previously:-

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, just because it was 2 footed doesn't make it an automatic red card.

The official rule is as follows:-

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

So, the number of legs used is irrelevant, 1 or 2 legs can result in serious foul play, but nothing to suggest a 2 footed takcle is INSTANTLY classed as serious foul play. In fact the above law claims that Kompany needs to have met 3 criteria, he needs to have:-

A - Lunged in (debateable, he slid in, is a slide the same as a lunge?)

B - used excessive force (this is a judgement call, although 99% would say he didn't)

C - endangered the safety of an opponent (now this one is laughable, Nani was nowhere near Kompany's feet, he never hit Nani, and never looked like hitting him, how he could therefore have been "endangered" is beyond me).

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

"A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off".

MCFC BOB said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

-- January 10th, 2012, 3:32 pm --

grunge said:
MCFC BOB said:

Rule book is here....

* Serious Foul Play.
* Violent Conduct.

They've banned him for 'serious foul play'. Do some reading yourself.

You honestly think those two tackles are the same? A tackle from the side as opposed to a tackle where the ball is in front of you? Come on. Are we now saying we can't tackle when the ball is in front if you have to go to ground as it's dangerous, so we just let the opponant have the ball?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.