Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

FELLOW BLUES ... Lend me your Ears!!!

This is our True Testing time. If we are title champs and we can put Rags in their place, we will get through January at the top. This is where our metal will be tested. Have faith!

Silva will be back after maybe 1 or 2 games. Balo and Dzeko look good to go ... We still have some fookin world class defenders in the team!

All I can say is if City batter dippers tomorrow (just read Kenny is putting on a full strength team v us) we will smash through the next few games. This is where our strikers will come in and tear it up like they did at the start of the season. The team is pumped, proud and raring to go after the performance with 10 men v the Rag c*nts.

We got this! Come on City!!

Liverpool Score predictions anyone ? :)

MCFC BOB said:
Matty said:
MCFC BOB said:
One footed tackle, leg tucked under the body:

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

Two photographs taken at totally different stages of the tackle, the first is the exact moment that the ball and player met, player coming in from the side. The second is moments after initial contact, the ball having been pushed in the direction the player is sliding, thus meaning it is still at his feet. No comparison whatsoever.
Expected this reply. Kompany went in two-footed. If you can't see it here, then I suggest you trade your blue-tinted specs for some with actual lenses in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCLPHTTT2Y[/youtube]

Fucks sake, I've only said this about 20 times, but I guess I've got to say it again.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY FEET HE USED.

THE RULES DO NOT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A 1 OR 2 FOOTED CHALLENGE.

THE NUMBER OF FEET USED IS NOT A RELEVANT FACTOR.

JUST BECAUSE PUNDITS BLEAT ABOUT A 2 FOOTED CHALLENGE DOESN'T MEAN THE RULES HAVE CHANGED.

The challenge needs to be:-

A LUNGE

EXCESSIVE FORCE

ENDANGERING THE OPPONENT.

Those are the criteria, nothing to do with 1 or 2 feet, can we PLEASE stop saying "it's 2 feet therefore it's a red card".

Kompany possibly lunged, he didn't use excessive force in the opinion of a great many people, however it's a judgement call, and he most certainly NEVER endangered Nani, as Nani was nowhere near Kompany's feet at any point.

Inconsistency yet again. Kompany banned for four matches. Giggs doesnt even have a foul called against him.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:43 pm --<br /><br />Inconsistency yet again. Kompany banned for four matches. Giggs doesnt even have a foul called against him.

sam-caddick said:
Cheadle Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
Dont expect us to be top of the league at the end of January.

Yaya, Kompany and Silva have been our tick players this season.. we will struggle with them not in the team!!

wow your a real "glass is half full" kind of guy................

I just think we will struggle without them players mate!! Tottenham is so crucial for us to win, Liverpool in the League cup etc!! it is going to be hard!!

If we show the spirit we showed against the scum, 3-0 down and with half a reserve team and 10 men, we'll be fine. The best thing is, even if we aren't top at the end of January it still gives us 4 months to fix it, plus we have a match against them at home and a far superior goal difference.

The scum won't win every game between now and May as well, don't forget that.

We will win this league.

time to put it to bed now and get savic up for the job. 1st job is to roll liverpool by 2 or 3 clear goals
COME ON BLUES<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:43 pm --<br /><br />time to put it to bed now and get savic up for the job. 1st job is to roll liverpool by 2 or 3 clear goals
COME ON BLUES

MCFC BOB said:
Matty said:
MCFC BOB said:
One footed tackle, leg tucked under the body:

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

-- January 10th, 2012, 3:32 pm --

They've banned him for 'serious foul play'. Do some reading yourself.

As I said previously:-

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, just because it was 2 footed doesn't make it an automatic red card.

The official rule is as follows:-

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

So, the number of legs used is irrelevant, 1 or 2 legs can result in serious foul play, but nothing to suggest a 2 footed takcle is INSTANTLY classed as serious foul play. In fact the above law claims that Kompany needs to have met 3 criteria, he needs to have:-

A - Lunged in (debateable, he slid in, is a slide the same as a lunge?)

B - used excessive force (this is a judgement call, although 99% would say he didn't)

C - endangered the safety of an opponent (now this one is laughable, Nani was nowhere near Kompany's feet, he never hit Nani, and never looked like hitting him, how he could therefore have been "endangered" is beyond me).
As you said yourself, "it's a judgement call". It's their judgement against ours, and their judgement is the final decision. End of.

I said the excessive force part of the law was a judgement call, that's just 1 of the 3 things that have to be satisfied.

The endangered the opponent is NOT a judgement call, or at the very least it's a judgement call that can be easily disproven from TV footage. Nani didn't, at any point, look in danger, he wasn't hit by the tackle, he was never close to being hit by it and, as such, he was never "endangered". Please don't take 2 words from my entire post and attempt to prove your position with them out of context. And please don't use "end of" as if it has any meaning whatsoever. You're wrong and I'm right. End of.

There, does that now mean I'm right? No, of course it fucking doesn't, as "end of2 is just a fucking annoying phrase that carries no weight in any discussion/argument whatsoever.

Matty said:
MCFC BOB said:
Matty said:
Two photographs taken at totally different stages of the tackle, the first is the exact moment that the ball and player met, player coming in from the side. The second is moments after initial contact, the ball having been pushed in the direction the player is sliding, thus meaning it is still at his feet. No comparison whatsoever.
Expected this reply. Kompany went in two-footed. If you can't see it here, then I suggest you trade your blue-tinted specs for some with actual lenses in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCLPHTTT2Y[/youtube]

Fucks sake, I've only said this about 20 times, but I guess I've got to say it again.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY FEET HE USED.

THE RULES DO NOT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A 1 OR 2 FOOTED CHALLENGE.

THE NUMBER OF FEET USED IS NOT A RELEVANT FACTOR.

JUST BECAUSE PUNDITS BLEAT ABOUT A 2 FOOTED CHALLENGE DOESN'T MEAN THE RULES HAVE CHANGED.

The challenge needs to be:-

A LUNGE

EXCESSIVE FORCE

ENDANGERING THE OPPONENT.

Those are the criteria, nothing to do with 1 or 2 feet, can we PLEASE stop saying "it's 2 feet therefore it's a red card".

Kompany possibly lunged, he didn't use excessive force in the opinion of a great many people, however it's a judgement call, and he most certainly NEVER endangered Nani, as Nani was nowhere near Kompany's feet at any point.
Fair enough. But if you lunge through the air at a player - like Kompany did - their safety is in danger.

It's a harsh decision, but it's most likely the correct one.

onceabluealways said:
Shame but the result of the appeal was expected.

I have said the same to my mates at the match - Kompany goes in really hard at the beginning of a lot of games until he gets booked then cools down.

After liverpool away when he did the same on saurez i said he will get a red card sooner or later and cost us. he is the captain and probably tries to set the tone and its part of him which i accept due to the good points that come with him.

Unfortunately he did it at the wrong time - one of our bigger games and with the most important run of games coming up. He should be a little more intelligent , lets hope he has learned from this or it WILL happen again.

THIS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.