Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

kp789 said:
Inconsistency yet again. Kompany banned for four matches. Giggs doesnt even have a foul called against him.

Scandalous. We should report that tackle. Lack of consistency in the game was shocking

BlueRiz said:
FELLOW BLUES ... Lend me your Ears!!!

This is our True Testing time. If we are title champs and we can put Rags in their place, we will get through January at the top. This is where our metal will be tested. Have faith!

Silva will be back after maybe 1 or 2 games. Balo and Dzeko look good to go ... We still have some fookin world class defenders in the team!

All I can say is if City batter dippers tomorrow (just read Kenny is putting on a full strength team v us) we will smash through the next few games. This is where our strikers will come in and tear it up like they did at the start of the season. The team is pumped, proud and raring to go after the performance with 10 men v the Rag c*nts.

We got this! Come on City!!

Liverpool Score predictions anyone ? :)

Here Here

MCFC BOB said:
Matty said:
MCFC BOB said:
Expected this reply. Kompany went in two-footed. If you can't see it here, then I suggest you trade your blue-tinted specs for some with actual lenses in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCLPHTTT2Y[/youtube]

Fucks sake, I've only said this about 20 times, but I guess I've got to say it again.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY FEET HE USED.

THE RULES DO NOT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A 1 OR 2 FOOTED CHALLENGE.

THE NUMBER OF FEET USED IS NOT A RELEVANT FACTOR.

JUST BECAUSE PUNDITS BLEAT ABOUT A 2 FOOTED CHALLENGE DOESN'T MEAN THE RULES HAVE CHANGED.

The challenge needs to be:-

A LUNGE

EXCESSIVE FORCE

ENDANGERING THE OPPONENT.

Those are the criteria, nothing to do with 1 or 2 feet, can we PLEASE stop saying "it's 2 feet therefore it's a red card".

Kompany possibly lunged, he didn't use excessive force in the opinion of a great many people, however it's a judgement call, and he most certainly NEVER endangered Nani, as Nani was nowhere near Kompany's feet at any point.
Fair enough. But if you lunge through the air at a player - like Kompany did - their safety is in danger.

It's a harsh decision, but it's most likely the correct one.

Why ?

I do feel a bit sorry for Kompany. I don't think it was malicious and it wouldn't have even been a free kick a few years ago. But it was never going to be successfully appealed because he did leave the ground with both feet no matter how much some people try to convince themselves that he didn't. If rooney had made that same challenge on Sliva, I'd be interested to know what people on here would have been saying about it. Kompany is pretty much our best player, the ban if a fucking nightmare but we've just got to get on with it now.

Bobby Manc will no doubt use this as a way of further galvanising the squad, just as he did for the 2nd half on Sunday.

Siege mentality, Fellow Blues. If ever we needed to roar the team on it's tomorrow night. We still have the players to do it.

We're playing a team who recently lost at Fulham, struggled to beat Newcastle at home and had 3 put past them by us last week. Hardly world beaters, are they ? We have enough in the tank to take a defendable lead to Anfield.

The Daisy Cutter is running this decision as its main feature tomorrow.

It's going to be a 'for and against' piece with one person each putting forward their arguement.

We're looking for about 400 words from btoh contributors. Sounds a lot but basically amounts to a long-ish post on here.

If you'd like to contribute please send me a PM. I'll be offline for a couple of hours after this but I'll reply as soon as poss later.

Please dont send me anything at first before initial PM - dont want anyone wasting their time on a good quality rant only to find someone else has beaten them to it.

I never expected the decision to be reversed, however not because I didn't think it SHOULD be reversed, more so because I simply couldn't see the FA overturning it. They're a spineless bunch, with no feel for the game at all, and no real understanding of what is an isn't a correct decision.

You know what? Fuck 'em. Fuck the FA and fuck that sorry excuse for a football club. I know we're pissed off but this is precisely that sort of moment that will bring the players, fans and club even closer together. Thankfully he misses two of the games in the Carling Cup. Spurs is a worry yes but if the players we have available show even half as much of the character as we did in the second half on Sunday we'll be fine in every one of the games. Times like this mean that days like the 6-1 (yes SIX - ONE for any lurking rags) are even more sweeter. Bring on the second half of the season.

Quelle Surprise (pardon my French!)

Let's start adopting the "seige mentality" those scumbags from Trafford have been using for too many years now!

This could be just what RM needs to motivate his players to deliver, stating tomorrow and continuing on Monday and then Sunday week (for starters!)

CTID

Expected really. Hardly anything gets rescinded. I hope the 2nd half atmosphere v Rags doesn't end up being a one-off (but i fear it will). The players need us more than ever.

Time to dig deep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.