reading inbetween

iv got a really bad feeling bellers is going. that would be a disaster. if it wasnt for tevez, bellamy would have been our player of the season last season.

Cityisland said:
TonyM said:
IMO I'm supporting City (obsessively I might add) for long enough now to be entitled to my own opinion and if Ireland goes, my opinion is that Mancini is a fuckin dick.

Obviously I want City to do as well as at all possible. But I also want to see decent football and I want to see my favourite players out there. I don't want to see the likes of Barry or Viera or DeJong if it means there's no room for Ireland. I want to see young players that we've developed and are imo good enough.

I don't think there's much doubt that where ever Ireland ends up he'll be phenomenal. All this talk about him not being good enough for us is bollox. Who the fuck have we suddenly become? Have people lost their senses? We are not a title challenging side yet. And we certainly won't get there with the likes of Barry, DeJong or Viera instead of the likes of Ireland.

I welcome Milner if he comes. Great signing, young, energetic and with an eye for goal. Just the type of player I'd like us to develop. Ohh hang on we did but ....

Well pissed off and I don't give a shit what others think. I've supported City through thick and thin. This is the first time that I am honestly upset with the club. Wish I had a cat to kick (not that I would of course).

They are completely different players to Ireland mate and imo we are more likely to get to where we want to go with those three, who have 200 odd caps between them than Ireland who has about 7 (and yes, I know why its only 7).

I dont understand why people blindly suppoty players just because they came through our academy.

Dont get me wrong. The lad has a ton of ability, better than most. But he is as mad as a dog in a bungalow and is far too fragile at the mo to be a world beater (which is what we need, right now).

What's mad and who isn't. That's just a urban legend. The guy is a normal bloke, as normal as any other player. I remember all the same bullcrap about Anelka. We were shit last season. I think people forget just how atrocious we were. Messi would have looked shit in that chaos. Ireland would be back to his best around decent players and a decent style of players.

We need better CMs than Barry. Both Milner and Ireland are better imo. DeJong and Viera are just slooooow. With Kompany and Yaya and Toure and other players capable of a DM role it is beyond me why we are not shedding someone from that bunch and bringing in Milner to join Ireland in the CM role.

I guess it's pointless to keep going on ... but ... I am just so mad with the club! as I say I've supported the team through thick and thin and will of course always be CTID but I can't help but RANT. I'm fuckin ravin "mad"!!!

TonyM said:
Cityisland said:
They are completely different players to Ireland mate and imo we are more likely to get to where we want to go with those three, who have 200 odd caps between them than Ireland who has about 7 (and yes, I know why its only 7).

I dont understand why people blindly suppoty players just because they came through our academy.

Dont get me wrong. The lad has a ton of ability, better than most. But he is as mad as a dog in a bungalow and is far too fragile at the mo to be a world beater (which is what we need, right now).

What's mad and who isn't. That's just a urban legend. The guy is a normal bloke, as normal as any other player. I remember all the same bullcrap about Anelka. We were shit last season. I think people forget just how atrocious we were. Messi would have looked shit in that chaos. Ireland would be back to his best around decent players and a decent style of players.

We need better CMs than Barry. Both Milner and Ireland are better imo. DeJong and Viera are just slooooow. With Kompany and Yaya and Toure and other players capable of a DM role it is beyond me why we are not shedding someone from that bunch and bringing in Milner to join Ireland in the CM role.

I guess it's pointless to keep going on ... but ... I am just so mad with the club! as I say I've supported the team through thick and thin and will of course always be CTID but I can't help but RANT. I'm fuckin ravin "mad"!!!

The guy is not a normal bloke.

He is 23 years old and earning 50k a week.

In what world is that normal?

He has admitted that he is massively insecure and is prone to disappearing into his own world when things are not going his way. Lied about the death of a family member when the truth would clearly have been accepted by any reasonable human being.

Its clear from that, that he does not posess a winning mentality, nor the desire to win his place back.

Pace is not a prerequisite of a dm. Its reading the game and being in the right place when you need to.

If you are 'ravin mad' now theb i would not have liked to talked to you when we were in div 2... This is as good as it gets in terms of comings and goings for us mate.

Enjoy it.

The problem with Stephen Ireland is a Mental problem ..is ability is not in question .

He had a great season in a average side that finished tenth ,but the next season when playing with better players and the expectation of him a lot higher he failed to rise to the occassion .

Great players who win trophys do the opposite , the bigger the occasion the better the player ,the better players around them they raise there game again

Rammyblues said:
I don't think Bellars is going anywhere, I suspect he wasn't played tonight because of a friendly on Wednesday, he might be starting against spuds. I have said it before there are a lot of players I would like to see leave before we get to Bellars

Ireland
Ned
Etuhu
Logan
RSC
Robinho

for starters.[/qu
spot on

Time will tell Mancini was giving players a run out tonight who didnt get as much pre season game time as others. The World Cup crew all needed that match more than Ireland , Bellers and even Bridge. Of course people will put 2 + 2 together and get 5. I honestly think it was Mancini chances to look at the younger talent instead of players he already knows what he will get from.

If either of the players leave the club the club would get better money from selling them on than giving them away as part of a deal for certain players. Bellers and Ireland would get decent money for them maybe even Bridge why not put them up for sale and get the best deal would be my view.

We are loosing in Bellers 1 of our real leaders if he goes. Ireland a talent that will only get better as the years go on it will be a shame to loose a player like Ireland when you have other players who should be shipped out before him.

De Jong slow??? Ireland ain't exactly usain bolt! If it saves us 10 million off the milner deal then cheerio stevie!!!! Fed up of people wanting to hang on to academy players just because they're from our academy ffs! Any news on that bid to bring back dickson etuhu???

Wat has happened to Bridge? I don't remember seeing him at the the training yesterday? or tonight. Is he injured or is he on his way?

TonyM said:
Cityisland said:

in fairness tony your problem was comparing ireland to barry,de jong etc.. they dont play in the same position or have the same attributes, any good team will always need a de jong for instance, if we accept that ireland is an attacking midfielder then is he the best player at the club in that position?, personally i think silva will be used in that role and i would certainly keep ireland in the squad as his replacement.

the question is would ireland be happy with this? you have to ask yourself if he was why would mancini sell him? the guy aint daft and his job is about results, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, sometimes you have to trust the manager

TonyM said:
IMO I'm supporting City (obsessively I might add) for long enough now to be entitled to my own opinion and if Ireland goes, my opinion is that Mancini is a fuckin dick.

Obviously I want City to do as well as at all possible. But I also want to see decent football and I want to see my favourite players out there. I don't want to see the likes of Barry or Viera or DeJong if it means there's no room for Ireland. I want to see young players that we've developed and are imo good enough.

I don't think there's much doubt that where ever Ireland ends up he'll be phenomenal. All this talk about him not being good enough for us is bollox. Who the fuck have we suddenly become? Have people lost their senses? We are not a title challenging side yet. And we certainly won't get there with the likes of Barry, DeJong or Viera instead of the likes of Ireland.

I welcome Milner if he comes. Great signing, young, energetic and with an eye for goal. Just the type of player I'd like us to develop. Ohh hang on we did but ....

Well pissed off and I don't give a shit what others think. I've supported City through thick and thin. This is the first time that I am honestly upset with the club. Wish I had a cat to kick (not that I would of course).
Let's go back to a team full of academy grads then, we can have Ireland, M Johnson, Richards, Barton, Onuoha, Miller et al like we did in 2006 and were nearly relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.