reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Not read the whole thread but something just struck me. If the club dont open the 3rd tiers how many blues will be in the ground? and how many tickets would we get for a semi-final at Wembley?
If the numbers are similar that would make it easy to manage ticket distribution.

just to let you know

our tickets (Reading) sold out at 12.39am

tickets went on sale to those with 1600 pts (season ticket holders for past 6/7 years) at 9am and then for those with 600-1599 pts at midnight, 39 minutes later sold out.

Can't believe how badly both clubs seem to have judged the demand for this game.

well done to the reading fans 'good support' im sure they could have sold another 2/3000, its only a cock up if we dont sell out now,looking at the planner we should have the top levels up today or tomorrow, either way it should be a cracking day on sunday

Leicester_royal said:
just to let you know

tickets went on sale to those with 1600 pts (season ticket holders for past 6/7 years) at 9am and then for those with 600-1599 pts at midnight, 39 minutes later sold out.

Can't believe how badly both clubs seem to have judged the demand for this game.

Looking at the statement on your website, it is understandable that you didn't think you would sell out.

Hope you all have a great day out.

Why don't we open one top tier for City fans... and the other top tier for Reading fans to pay on the day?

Everyone's a winner?

SWP's back said:
Leicester_royal said:
just to let you know

Looking at the statement on your website, it is understandable that you didn't think you would sell out.

the statement is manipulated to cover their backs. We have not played an away Qtr final in the FA cup post war, let alone against one of the biggest clubs in the country, in a new stadium with ticket prices at a very fair level. the statement is purely arse covering!

Leicester_royal said:
SWP's back said:

the statement is manipulated to cover their backs. We have not played an away Qtr final in the FA cup post war, let alone against one of the biggest clubs in the country, in a new stadium with ticket prices at a very fair level. the statement is purely arse covering!

I was pretty surprised when I saw that you had only taken 2800 and as you say it seems that both clubs have underestimated the supporters enthusiasm for this game.

Got good memories of Reading by the way, back in March 1999 we beat you 3-1 at the Madejski. It was a 1.30 ko I think on the day England played Poland at Wembley. Had a top day out and the Reading fans were first class walking back to the Station after the game. Good luck for the remainder of the season if not on Sunday!

I haven't read every single post in this thread, but the general theme seems to be that BOTH City and Reading have cocked up here.

I'm not sure this is entirely fair.

Reading have made a big mistake in not anticipating that a Q-F vs either Man City or Villa would generate 5,000+ rather than 2,800 fans wanting to go.

They got it wrong...and their caution (in not asking for more tickets) is now causing some fall-out with their own fans.

City's decision to refuse Reading the sale-or-return style of deal (if reports are to be believed) was one taken to minimise the disruption + uncertainty to CITY fans...given the short amount of time available to sell tickets.

The issue of the 3rd tiers being open or not is a whole other story in itself...but the ticket office/City were acting in City's interests when they negotiated with Reading...and I don't see why they should be slagged off by our own fans for doing so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.