reading tickets selling fast {merged}

jrb said:
kbb said:
So I have not missed a game for nearly 3 years and because my ST is in Level 3 you propose no loyalty points - yes we really need you!

I'm only going off the original rumour regarding the 3rd tier. Perhaps it's not true? Most of the gripes from level 3 season ticket holders are about having to move. Solved that problem for you. You get to keep your seat. If you do move, you get 50 loyalty points.

ps. Why not mention the £17.50 for every seat/stand? Pick on the only negative you could find. ;-)

agree - £17.50 for a quarter final - dont give a toss where i sit to be honest just want to be there

Anyone know if Reading tickets are selling fast?

Cant be arsed trawling through 76 pages of diarrhoea to find out.

dctid said:
jrb said:
I'm only going off the original rumour regarding the 3rd tier. Perhaps it's not true? Most of the gripes from level 3 season ticket holders are about having to move. Solved that problem for you. You get to keep your seat. If you do move, you get 50 loyalty points.

ps. Why not mention the £17.50 for every seat/stand? Pick on the only negative you could find. ;-)

agree - £17.50 for a quarter final - dont give a toss where i sit to be honest just want to be there

Thanks. At £17.50 for every seat/every level, it would have sold out. Any difference in the current most expensive seats, would have been made up by a much larger crowd and more Food, beer, etc, sales.

It's not rocket science. The problem at city is that there are too many levels and too many clever people, who are trying to impress the boss. And they can't see the wood for the trees. Let's have some common sense, starting at the top. Current idea. (Gary Cook) "F***ing stupid." "Next........

jrb said:
Look at how you want. This thread could go on forever. In plain and simple terms, the club, or the people who came up with this idea/system have f***ed up. End of.

Of course they have.

There have been four quarter finals at COMS since it opened, in all the competitions, and every one of them has pulled a gate significantly higher than the 36,000 which was originally planned for. And our gates are significantly higher now than they were then. Every single one of those quarter final attendances has been greater than our average league attendance at the time.

It isn't about the inconvenience of moving, it's about the logistical nightmare of the whole system being clogged up by people relocating - and now re-relocating. All of which could have been avoided by opening the whole ground.

The whole cost of this exercise will have been hugely higher than the costs of just opening the tiers. There is a loss of goodwill amongst regular customers. And there are the unseen costs of people not attending because of the snarled up system.

I've written my first ever complaint email to the ticket office today, and I've always been supportive of them.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm --<br /><br />
jrb said:
The problem at city is that there are too many levels and too many clever people, who are trying to impress the boss. And they can't see the wood for the trees. Let's have some common sense, starting at the top. Current idea. (Gary Cook) "F***ing stupid." "Next........

hahahaha

That's my gut feel on it as well.

Which clown thought it was a good idea to employ people to stand in the isles in the Colin Bell Tier three right before the kick off for the Villa game, offering people a "free upgrade" to the shittest seats in the ground, at the front of the north stand?

I mean, why would one person arse themselves to miss kickoff, go all the way down the spiral, join another queue and find another seat where the view is shit?

It beggars belief what thinking is going on here.

Didsbury Dave said:
jrb said:
Look at how you want. This thread could go on forever. In plain and simple terms, the club, or the people who came up with this idea/system have f***ed up. End of.

Of course they have.

There have been four quarter finals at COMS since it opened, in all the competitions, and every one of them has pulled a gate significantly higher than the 36,000 which was originally planned for. And our gates are significantly higher now than they were then. Every single one of those quarter final attendances has been greater than our average league attendance at the time.

It isn't about the inconvenience of moving, it's about the logistical nightmare of the whole system being clogged up by people relocating - and now re-relocating. All of which could have been avoided by opening the whole ground.

The whole cost of this exercise will have been hugely higher than the costs of just opening the tiers. There is a loss of goodwill amongst regular customers. And there are the unseen costs of people not attending because of the snarled up system.

I've written my first ever complaint email to the ticket office today, and I've always been supportive of them.

I meant in the way City have decided to sell tickets. EXACTLY! Spot on Dave.

Skashion said:
jrb said:
Disagree. I'm not seeing where they fucked up at all. Just because the club underestimated demand doesn't mean it's a fuck up. That they thought we couldn't assuredly get 36k was based on sound reasoning i.e. that our previous three home FA Cup ties failed to break the 30k mark even when the opposition brought 5k with them.

we got 39000 v west ham with 4 selling days and on a monday night, 46000 v arsenal in the league cup on a wednesday night, 38000 v tottenham on a wednesday night, and 47000 v hamburg also midweek, all 1/4 finals.

so considering you say there is no evidence, i would suggest quite the opposote.

Didsbury Dave said:
The problem with that argument is if you look at the previous round before those quarter-finals and you'll see that the attendance was higher than the sub-26k we pulled in against Villa. One of those matches was also Hamburg, £5 adults, and a quid for kids.

goatinho said:
will be at 100 pages when i get home from work tonight?

lol

so far between our 2 clubs on tickets for this game

170 odd pages
2600 replies

it's certainly caused quite a stir!

fathellensbellend said:
we got 39000 v west ham with 4 selling days and on a monday night, 46000 v arsenal in the league cup on a wednesday night, 38000 v tottenham on a wednesday night, and 47000 v hamburg also midweek, all 1/4 finals.

so considering you say there is no evidence, i would suggest quite the opposote.
See my post above.

fathellensbellend said:
Skashion said:
Disagree. I'm not seeing where they fucked up at all. Just because the club underestimated demand doesn't mean it's a fuck up. That they thought we couldn't assuredly get 36k was based on sound reasoning i.e. that our previous three home FA Cup ties failed to break the 30k mark even when the opposition brought 5k with them.

There's an arguement on both sides here.

I'm sure any decent marketeer would tell us all that you that customer trends are always changing and therfore relying on too much past data is dangerous.

Similarly there is obvious evidence there that a Cup QF draws big crowds to CoMS.

I don't agree with people slgging the club though, it would have been a real risk to simply open the entire ground and risk a 20k turn out as has been the case so far this season. I can understand exactly why the club took the decision it did and whether we agree or not, to label it a "fuck up" etc is simply ignorant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.