Ready meal curries

I'm currently sat here eating chicken rendang, jasmine rice and Japanese crispy chicken from M&S, and I can say with hand on heart, that what I'm eating at the moment are the best ready meals known to man and woman.

What are your favourite ready meal curries, that are just as good a substitute for the restaurant kind?

I once had a meal in an Indian restaurant in the late 60s - sausage, egg 'n chips.

Me too, I learn restaurant style from youtube videos, bit of a ballache at first with the base gravy etc but once you've a stock of that in the freezer it's easy to get a madras together. Been trying onion bahjis from scratch recently, no comparison to bought ones.

Sounds good, mate.

I don't trust Chicken at the best of times and I certainly wouldn't eat ready meal chicken no matter how nice the curry was. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so fussy because when the wife has them they smell lovely. Making your own is the best way and it really doesn't take much longer.

I'm currently sat here eating chicken rendang, jasmine rice and Japanese crispy chicken from M&S, and I can say with hand on heart, that what I'm eating at the moment are the best ready meals known to man and woman.

What are your favourite ready meal curries, that are just as good a substitute for the restaurant kind?

Hard to beat MandS for these meals, although i had an asdas chicken tandoori massala one this week which was tasty.

Me too, I learn restaurant style from youtube videos, bit of a ballache at first with the base gravy etc but once you've a stock of that in the freezer it's easy to get a madras together. Been trying onion bahjis from scratch recently, no comparison to bought ones.

Used to do that myself. Not done it for a while.

Nips out for a 56lb bag of onions

Used to do that myself. Not done it for a while.

Nips out for a 56lb bag of onions
Worth it though eh, I've only made them 8 at a time so far but, considering the effort and state of the kitchen afterwards, I will be doing them in bulk next time. Hopefully they will freeze ok if slightly undercooked to allow for reheating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.