Ready meal curries

I've posted about this previously, but if you like hot curry, I don't think you'll find hotter than this in a supermarket:

393702011_0_640x640.jpg

I don't know if it varies (I've only had it once) but it was by a country mile, the hottest thing I've ever eaten outside a restaurant. I eat vindaloo and jalfrezi and other hot curries all the time, but I could barely eat this. It is SERIOUSLY hot.

My good lady wife usually is tasked with that idea, but I'm on my own this weekend, so I thought fuck it, quick curry ding it is.
Many years ago my mate was down the boozer with his missus, they had put a chicken curry on a timer in their brand new microwave which had cost a small fortune at the time. He made the mistake of leaving the box the MW had been packaged in next to his bin. An opportunist must have seen the box and broke in his house and nicked the Microwave, what annoyed my mate even more was they took the curry as well, it was in Longsight so no surprise really.

I've posted about this previously, but if you like hot curry, I don't think you'll find hotter than this in a supermarket:

393702011_0_640x640.jpg

I don't know if it varies (I've only had it once) but it was by a country mile, the hottest thing I've ever eaten outside a restaurant. I eat vindaloo and jalfrezi and other hot curries all the time, but I could barely eat this. It is SERIOUSLY hot.
it has been replaced by red hot phaal as somebody complained it wasnt hot enough

They are both available in my local Morrisons,although neither tempted me.....i went for the tasty,ivegotfuckalltoprove,Balti version.
Having eaten the first one, I would say you were very, very wise. Naga chillies can surely serve no place in any normal human diet. That they don't cause spontaneous death is the only real surprise.

Those recipes look and sound fantastic. I have to admit they would be too much trouble for me but kudos to you for bringing them to life.

I've enjoyed doing it, have made my own curries for years but never found anything to match what I enjoy about eating out, the maker of those videos has it bang on for my tastes, so it's been worth the effort. The base is easy and just involves peeling and chopping, the madras was a little more daunting first time due to all the different ingredients but I now spend 10 minutes measuring them all out into little bowls and place them in order of inclusion, saves so much pissing around once the stove goes on, looks the part too:) I like cooking anyway, so it's been great to have a go with this, might try samosas next.

Having eaten the first one, I would say you were very, very wise. Naga chillies can surely serve no place in any normal human diet. That they don't cause spontaneous death is the only real surprise.
Naga is probably one of my favourite curries to be honest. Granted the Morrisons one is a bit OTT (next days porcelain bears testament to this). But a decent curry with Naga pickle is both flavoursome and fierce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.