Ready meal curries

Me too, I learn restaurant style from youtube videos, bit of a ballache at first with the base gravy etc but once you've a stock of that in the freezer it's easy to get a madras together. Been trying onion bahjis from scratch recently, no comparison to bought ones.
Any youtube links that you recommend?

Any youtube links that you recommend?

I've latched on to this fella, used these 3 so far and really enjoyed the results, as stated it is a bit of a chore initially but having done the base gravy 3 times now it's become a doddle, same with the madras, obviously you can make adjustments as you go but tbh I wanted old school Indian restaurant style rather than proper Indian food, I'm sure the base gravy was just created for us as we like sauce/gravy with our food.
There are plenty of other contributors on youtube but this one suits me, got the ingredients from Noor cash and carry on Finney Lane by Heald Green station, more of a supermarket really but they stock absolutely everything you will need, relatively inexpensive as the spices etc last for ages. One tip, seal all the packs of powders etc in plastic tubs or your kitchen will smell like Rusholme 24/7.

If you have turmeric,cumin,coriander,chili,garam masala you can knock up most curries. Obviously if you have other spices and seeds it does help. Fresh garlic and ginger as well. Non of this base sauce malarkey. I can easily knock up a batch in approx 30 mins enough to feed 6-8people. All fresh. Obviously if there’s something extra or it’s lamb it will take a little longer. There’s a cash and carry in Hyde where you will get everything and it’s unbelievable value.

I've latched on to this fella, used these 3 so far and really enjoyed the results, as stated it is a bit of a chore initially but having done the base gravy 3 times now it's become a doddle, same with the madras, obviously you can make adjustments as you go but tbh I wanted old school Indian restaurant style rather than proper Indian food, I'm sure the base gravy was just created for us as we like sauce/gravy with our food.
There are plenty of other contributors on youtube but this one suits me, got the ingredients from Noor cash and carry on Finney Lane by Heald Green station, more of a supermarket really but they stock absolutely everything you will need, relatively inexpensive as the spices etc last for ages. One tip, seal all the packs of powders etc in plastic tubs or your kitchen will smell like Rusholme 24/7.

Those recipes look and sound fantastic. I have to admit they would be too much trouble for me but kudos to you for bringing them to life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.