Real Madrid 2nd leg - how?!

If we have to play in a neutral ground than the rules need to be amended so that Madrid cannot go through on 'away goals' and instead have to win the 2nd leg by a 2 goal margin.

Should be able now to play Madrid at home as quarantine has been lifted for countries Spain,France,Italy and Germany so the 14 day rule is not applied...its lifted after July 10th..

Ridiculous that the second leg should be anywhere except the Etihad.Changes the Eire dynamo of a two-legged affair, esp considering they already had the advantage of their home leg in a stadium full of home fans.

I don’t share the prevailing opinion that the second leg is a shoo in, and think we should gain any advantage we can...including playing the 2nd leg at home.

Pep seems to be talking up this game an awful lot, which doesn’t fill me with confidence. Lots of on field minutes between now and then....

Operation lets try and stack the odds in Real Madrids favour fully underway by UEFA I see.

So, how are UEFA going to square this circle?

When there was a risk that travellers to the UK were going to be in quarantine if you travel here, they declared City would have to play in Portugal.

Portugal, a country where the risk of catching the virus is significantly higher than the UK such that there are no travel agreements in place. Are they going to declare that the latter stages of the Champions League can no longer be held there?

At least it looks highly likely that we will be able to play our second leg ties at the Etihad.... unless...
well, let's wait and see how they can move the goalposts.... yet again.

So, how are UEFA going to square this circle?

When there was a risk that travellers to the UK were going to be in quarantine if you travel here, they declared City would have to play in Portugal.

Portugal, a country where the risk of catching the virus is significantly higher than the UK such that there are no travel agreements in place. Are they going to declare that the latter stages of the Champions League can no longer be held there?

At least it looks highly likely that we will be able to play our second leg ties at the Etihad.... unless...
well, let's wait and see how they can move the goalposts.... yet again.
Portugal has significantly fewer infections and deaths than the UK, and has done throughout.

Latest data I can find to compare is 2 days ago - 1st July. Portugal had 313 new cases and 1 death, the UK had 749 new cases and 176 deaths. In total Portugal has had 1,579 deaths as at 1st July, the UK has had 43,906 up to 1st July (I think we've surpassed 44k since then).

By what metric are you suggesting Portugal is more dangerous?

The decision to not include them on the list published today when it has fewer infections and deaths than the majority of other places on the list, is another puzzling decision to add to the growing list of puzzling decisions made by the government and its advisors during this crisis. Wouldn't feature in the top 100 though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.