Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'd have taken a draw before the game and I'm reasonably happy with the result, but it's still a bit annoying to only draw when we were ahead twice.
Keeping it at 1-0 was always unlikely but we should have been able to hold on to 3-2. And that really would have shit them up for the second leg. We go on and I'm fairly confident we'll beat them as we did last year, but I can't see it being 4-0 again. I expect the atmosphere to be equally electric though.
I think at least we are not conflicted whether to play for a draw or not. Win or bust!! Easier messaging to players!

Last edited:
From Real Madrid Fans (realtotal), used a translator:

"Manchester City may be unbeaten at home, but that's all the more reason for our motivation to beat them there. Their home strength is not due to the cauldron or the crowd, as is the case with us at the Bernabeu, for example."

"Ten days ago, Arsenal also managed to wring a draw out of them at the Etihad Stadium. If Arsenal - who only managed a 2-2 draw against these out-of-form Bayern - can do it, then so can we!"

"It will be difficult but not almost impossible as several have suggested. Who has inflicted several defeats on Liverpool and a historic one at Anfield. The team mustn't get their knickers in a twist, City are very strong at home, that's in their heads mentally. You have to stop that security. Because it's not the Fams who are pushing them"
There last two visits to the Etihad have been unbelievable cauldrons of noise. Indeed, last season's QF against Real was a complete and utter bear pit and they physically shrank on the pitch as we dominated the game and the fans got behind City.

Last edited:
Goosebumps are a great sign of how much this wonderful team means to you and to most of the rest of us.
Do any of you have any strange pre match routines to keep our boys winning in our minds. Mine may be a bit bizarre but I will share it with you. Just lately I buy a bag of Revels every time I watch City play. I’ve been doing this a few weeks now and we are unbeaten during this period. Last night I couldn’t get a bag of revels so I bought wine gums instead. Still unbeaten, despite changing my sweets.

There must be something in it. What’s your match day bizarre ritual that helps our boys to keep winning. At least that’s our excuse lol.
Bag of allsorts.

View attachment 113564

Manchester City midfielder Rodri says he is planning to take a break during the season run-in as the club chase a second successive Treble.

The 27-year-old made his 41st appearance of the campaign in Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final first-leg draw against Real Madrid.

That was the third of eight games across three competitions the club will play in April.

"I do need a rest," said the Spain international.

"Let's see how we speak, how we live the situation. Sometimes it is what it is.

"I need to adjust. A rest is something we are planning, yes."

So it's official... We failed to bring in a top class CDM last summer to share the load with Rodders, & now we've rinsed him dry FFS! :-/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68777068
Not good when we've lost the 4 games he didn't play. Hopefully Ake and Walker will be back and Stones will be fit enough to play.as our DM. I'm not sure we can rely on Kovacic or anyone else come to that.

Three goals -all outside the box( including two thunder bastards).When was the last time we did that ?
Their first goal was so lucky as the shot wasn’t even on target.
If my auntie had balls etc.
When teams give us space to run into the box - KDB against Palace and foden against Villa of late.

Not good when we've lost the 4 games he didn't play. Hopefully Ake and Walker will be back and Stones will be fit enough to play.as our DM. I'm not sure we can rely on Kovacic or anyone else come to that.
We couldn't have been more forthright with Philips after we told him in the summer he wasn't in Pep's plans & there were loan & permanent offers in for him. Philips declined & said he wanted to fight for his place.

Personally, I don't think we heeded Rodri's warning in August enough, that he was fearful for his health because of playing too much football.

We sought to mend & make do, & the resultant situation is now ready to bite us on the arse at the squeaky but time of the season, when we need it least.

A top class CDM must be our highest priority in the summer. Whether that be Guimarães, Neves or both, it's negligent on our behalf to rinse Rodri to a standstill like this after the warnings we were given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.