Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Valverde is quite open about how harsh the Etihad is. After all the build up saying they want revenge, closing the roof, all wearing white and now his comments after the game, they are shitting themselves at the thought of coming to City next week. Come on City, a home return leg win away from another semi final.

Not very often you get a 3-3 when there's actually so a few clear cut chances created

Two brilliant long range strikes and a clever free kick

Two deflections for them and another very good strike.

Pretty much nothing else was created by both sides
They created enough in the first half on the counter and could have scored at least one if not for poor decision making from Vinicius at 2-1. We survived and game them much less space in the second.

Probably best if I call it a night. I came on here after a great win and saw some unbelievable comments that seem to state the opposite.
A worldy, a deflected shot and an own goal, and some on here think we were lucky to get away with a draw.
There are some serious Muppets on here. It saddens me to read their negative posts. For me our boys did us proud against one of the worlds best teams, in an intimidating stadium.
Well done I say to our warriors in blue. It’s only half time, but fight like that again and history will remember this brilliant squad of players, supporting the best manager off all time.
One day this incredible run of ours will stop. Enjoy this period in our history because I doubt it will last forever.

Is it right that the roof was closed? That proves that UEFA are in the pockets of some clubs by giving them an advantage to try and beat the best team in the world.

Most of the negativity is down to cluelessness.

Some people seem unable to understand how difficult it is to fight in 3 competitions in April after winning them the previous season, and how difficult it is to get a result at Bernabeu when this is your 4th game in 10 days, 2 of the games are against 2 of the best teams in the world, and you have key absences.

We were very unlucky to concede 2 goals from 2 deflected shots in 2 minutes. Not many teams can recover from that at Bernabeu. We had difficult moments, but we had a great period in the 2nd half when we were toying with Madrid and deserved to get something from the game.

Fantastic team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.