Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

A great result in fairness, happy with a draw and really happy to see some banging goals. Losing a lead is never fun, but coming from behind at the Bernabeu is pretty big. Trust me that Madrid will be fairly gutted they couldn't take a lead to Manchester .

Actually a mixed performance from our boys, particularly Silva, Haaland, Akanji and Rodri & Foden to a lesser extent. Haaland didn't occupy two centre halves, whatever people on here want to believe, but he did work hard and I've never questioned his work ethic like some. It's been a tough-ish few months on and off for him.

But what wasn't in doubt was the character, and in another guise City could have lost that game, by a couple.

I get that Bellingham frustrated folks with antics and lack of card, but I think he played pretty well in the middle disrupting.

Good performance, generally speaking. They probably deserved to be leading 2-1 at that time, but what we did afterwards in controlling the ball showed what is needed to completely nullify the threat of their individual talents. I said at half time that bringing Phil into the game more was key, and we did that. Great performances from Grealish and Gvardiol especially, and Stones and Rodri in the second half who took over the central midfield area. Their rolling around and constant sense of entitlement needed a strong referee, and he was as outstanding as Bellingham was poor.

Bernardo typified our performance last night. One minute he is doing awesome, next he is losing the ball way too easily, next he is fighting like a Trojan, next he is spoiling our attacks, next he looks a real threat.

It was similar with Foden, Kovacic, Rodri, Stones etc.

If we were only a touch more careful it would have been a phenomenal performance and we would probably have come away with a victory.

Against the best teams we are not at our very best which is frustrating. But imagine how good we could be if we just clicked this year like we have others. I'd love to see that in the final games.

Just heard Darren Lewis on the news saying that Real should now win because we give them a chance with our defence. Yet Arsenals result v BM was positive, even though they now have to win away from home.

The mental gymnastics of these fuckers to ignore everything sensible is fucking insane.
Isn't he the sports editor at the Mirror now? Shows how far journalistic standards have fallen. I wouldn't trust him to edit a game of wordle.

Just watched some stuff on Youtube giving post match reaction. How in God's name has Micah Richards got a job presenting. I've had to switch it off as he's just a loud imbecile. The amount of shouting he does must really piss people off. He's a Blue and a voice for us, but for goodness sake bring it down a bit.
According to a few on here, he's a City legend.

They know we are better than them
They also know they struggle at the etihad
It’s perfect for us now next week, fast start, great atmosphere and put these to bed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.