Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by aguero93:20, 26 Feb 2020.

1. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

In reality so would I, but I would very much like Athletico to get through too

2. cleavers

cleavers

It was actually a great result for english football, after the other 3 teams lost.

If all you others keep losing matches, and we actually get banned, then it won't be very long before we (england) lose a team spot in the CL, perhaps we should get more support than we do, though I don't expect it soon.

dennishasdoneit and jollylescott like this.
  3. iceman

iceman

Ha ha UEFA not gonna be happy with this

4. iceman

iceman

We did and UEFA and the cartel couldn't stop us

5. Neil francis

Neil francis

Your right about that, just reading the chumps match thread from the time Real scored and the stand out negatives were by padre 81, his posts were to please the United fans and were shit, on the other hand some decent posts by others about us to be fair.
    He also pissed over Jesus who he thought should have scored more, yes it's an opinion but it stood out between good posts by rival fans.

6. bluesmith

bluesmith

Dreams are made of that tonight. Not only beat them but played the off the park

7. Dribble

Dribble

And that's what I loved. Our problem this season has been staying the course in matches we're dominating. Spurs is a classic example.

Since we've come back from the break, it seems we've rebuilt our confidence from the back. Jesus & Mahrez were stirling in providing extra defensive cover in this respect.

We didn't win ugly tonight, we won professionally. If we'd had tonight's resilience & professionalism about us all season, the Dippers wouldn't be 4 wins away from the title.

We've still got the cups to go for, & 2nd place to secure. I wrote off the league some time ago, however the Champions League has taken on greater significance for all of us, after the way UEFA/G14 stiffed us AGAIN!!

The Jesus goal could have been chalked off for a push. Stirling pushed the ball over the byline & wouldn't have reached it, & he seemed to be going down anyway. I've seen penalty claims like those not given.

Tonight we made our own luck because we were brilliant. No VAR or Referee controversies as many predicted, just a good & solid performance from City which proves our disappointing league performances were down to our failings, & not the world trying to get us.

I'd love us to get the same ref & assistants for the return...

Last edited: 27 Feb 2020
    br88 and doobyedoobye like this.
  8. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Any other team from anywhere close to Manchester ever beat Real on their home patch?

#NoHistory

CelesteItis likes this.
  9. cleavers

cleavers

Me too, and them get bayern.

10. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    the highlight of the evening for me was when we got the penalty and our players started to celebrate, I said WTF are they celebrating, we can't score these to save our lives. ffs, mahrez

dennishasdoneit likes this.