Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Thanks for the vid Marvin, loved watching Cheesy's report. Some happy blues on there and they deserve all enjoyment they get. Made me laugh when the old fella was keeping it real by saying it's only half time.

Peps a failure in the champions league... He's only just broken the all time knock-out wins record (by the way, he's not even 50 yet) and he's handed Zidane his first ever knockout defeat (in the bernabeu by the way), what a shite tactically inept one-dimensional manager!!

No, he has lost before in knockout matches. Wolfsburg 2-0 comes to mind.

What a wonderful performance from all the players including the manager. Pep's change of approach was the key factor imo and players fully backed him up.

Hopefully, players are fully up for it in the 2nd leg as well and maintain composure to complete the job.

Last edited:
Great performance from most on the pitch . Mendy is like jekyll and Hyde on that pitch . Jesus could well have found his calling but my only gripe is we should be long gone into next he next round now with the misses we did . 4-1 should be what we are talking about this morning but for shocking finishing and also why is kev not taking penaltys all of he time ? Hope Laporte is ok as it’s a big blow but we get them back hone and don’t let them of the hook

I think we will play Cancelo left back in the home leg so should be ok.

Personally, bar the mistake for their goal, I thought we were rock solid at the back even after Laporte went off. It was a superb performance and the formation worked perfectly and made Madrid look rank average.

Yup.

Players are always going to make errors in a game but what you absolutely have to avoid is serial errors where multiple players cock-up and that was the case with Madrid's goal. Even Gundo, who had a really good game, should have done better and spotted the danger of Isco's run and gone back with him. Other than that, we restricted Madrid to very few chances and in most of those cases, one of our players did something to prevent them scoring. They fluffed their lines you could say on a couple of occasions but we had some really good chances that we didn't take or Courtois saved well. Guardiola's team selection, tactics and changes worked well.

Hope getting at first win against Real, especially away from home, will just give the players a psychological boost: I maintain that the mental side becomes virtually the most important factor in winning trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.