Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

We seem to have a big issue with player fitness in the latter stages of the season. It cost us last year and again this. If Walker, Stones and Dias has been on top form going into this game we would not have lost.
I'm not sure what the answer is but playing our strongest team in FA cup matches only to play a patched up team in the semi-final seems a bit daft.
Our youngsters have been a bit unlucky with injuries this year - Palmer and Delap could have made bigger contributions if not spending long periods crocked.
I do think we are maybe pinning too many hopes on signing Haaland - yes he looks a great player but cannot play every game and he might not come. I have hopes for Alvarez but maybe he will need time to settle and not offer much in the first half of the season.
Remember when we had Kun, Mario, Edin and Tevez - seems a long time ago!
I am now of the opinion that Haaland alone is not enough.

Too many nice guys.

That and no central midfielder taking hold of the game.
That’s basically it mate,too many nice guys who aren’t savvy in pressure games look at Madrid when the penalty was scored started breaking the game up,which we should have done when it got too the 80 min or so foul,fake injuries waste time it’s not nice but we need to start doing this more run the fucking clock down ..

He does make those saves - did tonight to stop Rodrygo getting a hat trick in normal time. I think he’s weaker at judging crosses and dominating the box, but he’s still a world class keeper.Though tonight he added to the last minute panic by kicking long - that’s on all of them, a collective brain freeze.
He’s brilliant with his footwork and he is good at making himself big, but he is not agile and gets beaten fairly easily by shots further away from his body.
He is also susceptible to brain farts, Although he hasn’t done this very recently, thankfully!
have to say that he is starting to worry me a bit. Not half as much though as our backup goalie though!

So gutted and devastated but some things are just written in the stars like fate. This was probably one of them. You can't explain how else this happens. Football is just cruel sometimes. An inch or so the other way and those shots from freakish today or the one from riyadh goes in.

Hopefully the guys aren't too down and can use this as fuel to win the prem like they did after the Tottenham disaster.

The best side didn’t win over two legs it’s that simple. Anyone that spouts nonsense after the event is kidding themselves as nobody calls that result on 90 mins .
sometimes you just have to suck it up when luck goes against you , never forget 93:20 and that mob dropping 8 points when they had won it .
Toon is a tough game now so stop the blame game and get behind the lads on Sunday

not beating Liverpool in the league, when they were there for taking. it might cost us the whole PL title.

not beating Real at home by 3-4 goals difference, when they were there for taking.

being 1-0 up at 89th minute in Bernabeu and crashing out of CL with 3-1 minutes later.

there is an issue here.

also 46th minute goal from Pool in league, also today second half first few seconds they create a huge chance, we were still asleep and in the dressing room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.