Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Sorry mate, but if he's as injured as he's looked recently, he shouldn't have been playing.

He's been overplayed since Pep arrived. He's been overplayed by Belgium. To put it bluntly, the guy looks fucked by the 70th minute in most games.

We're over-reliant on him. That needs to be addressed for next season.
It’s because of how Pep is playing him.

If Pep didn’t use him as the pressing midfielder, he’d save his 30 year old battered legs for what he does best. He doesn’t.

Often, KDB is our forward most player, walking back because he’s knackered from chasing defenders and balls around for the high press. Watch the number of SPRINTS he does in a game and ask yourself again why he’s knackered and falling apart on 70 minutes. You’ll have found your answer.

If City are going to play the high press, they need the likes of Foden, Bernardo & Jesus doing it, with Sterling or Mahrez tracking their man.

However, asking KDB to shag himself all over the last third chasing a ball is like sitting in traffic in a Ferrari…not what it is designed for, but can look impressive while doing it!

Kev is one of our primary creative midfielders, who can break forward and score from around the box. We are bleeding the energy out of THAT player and wasting his many talents on wind sprints chasing lost causes!

Yes, he needs a rest. But, to my mind, he needs to be MANAGED and utilized to his maximum EFFICIENCY. This isn’t it!

Last edited:
it's something we have to learn ourselves ? The dark arts and killing the game and time
sometimes we are too nice and don't do ourselves any favours by not killing the game the ugly way

players falling down with fake injuries or so-called cramp then just before the players is on his feet again fake the sub's wanting to come on and wave him back only to go down again at the far end of the pitch ?

We have seen it happening in the Premier League with Southampton and other copying it takes the sting out of the game ? get a player to fake an injury and refuel the other players, but it also stops the momentum of the team on the front foot
I think we should adopt what used to happen in rugby - treat the player on the pitch and play round them. Or carry them off for a mandatory five minute slot AFTER they have been treated. But my favoured option would be to let the bastards suffer and die! There's also the fake 'head' injuries where players are suffering massive concussion, ref stops the game immediately, runs over, and the bastards roll up onto their feet!

He's past his peak, regardless of what you say. He's been overplayed by Pep, and years of bad injuries leave him approaching a steady decline.

It's Kompany and Aguero all over again.

He's been the hero too many times, and we should be looking for his long-term replacement rather than kidding ourselves that he's going to go on at top level for another three years.

With his injury record, he's an obvious target for the opposition - Just like last night and in last year's CL final. He's possibly one bad challenge away from being out for months.

Succession planning.
Still one of the best players in the world. He can still play at the top level for 3-4 more years. Only have to look at Modric to see that.

Kudos to you for being able to watch that back. I’ll never watch that game again.
I just watched the end again from when Mahrez scored. It just looked incredibly bad luck this time. Especially the clearance off the line from Grealish, which hit Foden stood about 12 inches from the goal line and then bounced away at a seemingly physically impossible angle.

And the referee actually blew the final whistle on 2.49 just before Ederson could get the ball to launch it for one last desperate attempt. Incredible.

I'm not blaming Grealish and maybe in future seasons he will shine, but that money should of been spend on a proven forward first. We only ever needed to break the bank for a top forward, You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that, yet we still went into the season without a centre forward and its biting us on the arse big time. I call it complacency.
Or was it availability? Who was available other than Kane ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.