Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I just watched the end again from when Mahrez scored. It just looked incredibly bad luck this time. Especially the clearance off the line from Grealish, which hit Foden stood about 12 inches from the goal line and then bounced away at a seemingly physically impossible angle.

And the referee actually blew the final whistle on 2.49 just before Ederson could get the ball to launch it for one last desperate attempt. Incredible.
Officials clock was appalling. Should’ve had at least 5 if not 6 mins of injury time. That wanker went down twice feigning cramps. He was kept on deliberately so that he could repeat going down and disrupting the play. It was agony watching the lads trying hard to get a passing move going on those final couple of minutes.

Sorry mate, but if he's as injured as he's looked recently, he shouldn't have been playing.

He's been overplayed since Pep arrived. He's been overplayed by Belgium. To put it bluntly, the guy looks fucked by the 70th minute in most games.

We're over-reliant on him. That needs to be addressed for next season.
Agree with this and have been says no so for the last 2 years

Worst thing for me is knowing nothing will change. Next season we’ll likely bow out of the competition in an embarrassing fashion, and we’ll all talk of a rebuild being needed yet nothing will come of it
Rubbish, we look to improve every season. Always have. There just wasn’t anyone available to buy, our only fault was we put so much time and effort into Kane without having a back up plan if it fell through.

True! I read somewhere that in cricket, the ball is only actually in play for something like 9 mins during a day's play!
Mind boggling.
That is why Real Madrid have won loads of champions league and are in the final . We are way too naive and need to wise up fast . I would have done exactly the same as them .

Common sense can also remind us that different City line-ups have also conceded the best part of five or six goals in the exits to Spurs, Liverpool and Monaco. Three against Lyon in a one-off tie.

Truth is, we would have been out already against Madrid if away goals were still a thing this season.

Aside from Atletico and Dortmund away, we struggle to hang in games at the big moments.

We are a reflection of our manager, a team of good guys who perhaps care a little too much, which can bring its on pressure.

John Lennon once you don't win many friends by telling the truth, but you earn true friends as a result.

I'd rather have Pep and this team, winning and losing his way, than fluke some bollocks knockout that even Forest, Villa and Marseille have managed to win.

Make no mistake, this team needs us, just as much as we need them over this next couple of weeks.
All valid there. I have said before though and i still think.... we don't hate losing enough. We need one player who refuses to lose. I wish we still had Tevez.

Exactly. Here's one way to look at it this morning....

Gutted though we all are, at this precise moment would you rather you were a gutted blue boy/girl or a giddy little dipper?

For the avoidance of doubt, the correct answer to this is 'I would rather be lying half dead on the savannah with my tackle being chewed off by hyenas than be a dipper'

So we have to put our big boy pants on and get behind the team for those remaining 4 games which could see us win the league for the 4th time in 5 seasons.
We had a prime ferdy David silva vinny and kun . A true backbone of a team .there no shame in shitting bed but we have to learn from it .

I’d love to share your optimism but we also know that there are people behind the scenes who are pulling the strings, who are not gonna accept our (new/oil) money and want to see a return to their history clubs, a bit of “you’ve had ya fun, now f*** off back where ya belong”
There’s been 4 games against (top) teams where they should’ve had at least 1 player sent off as well, dippers x2, AM and last night, no to mention the very strange decisions where we concede a foul when our player has been the one fouled against, so although we capitulated at the end, the officiating has without doubt been against us in big ties, and I really wish our owners would call this sh!t out, because it’s becoming harder to deal with from a fans point of view. At least when we were sh!t we could deal with being sh!t, but let’s be honest we should’ve won the CL 3 or 4 time

Shouldn't have even started then. Over-reliance on him due to someone not being prepared to go the extra mile for Harry Kane.
We'd have won the PL by now if we'd signed Kane, and would have a much stronger squad for the CL.

Lessons being learned the hard way.
If there was a game to play a not fully fit Kevin, this was it.

Common sense can also remind us that different City line-ups have also conceded the best part of five or six goals in the exits to Spurs, Liverpool and Monaco. Three against Lyon in a one-off tie.

Truth is, we would have been out already against Madrid if away goals were still a thing this season.

Aside from Atletico and Dortmund away, we struggle to hang in games at the big moments.

We are a reflection of our manager, a team of good guys who perhaps care a little too much, which can bring its on pressure.

John Lennon once you don't win many friends by telling the truth, but you earn true friends as a result.

I'd rather have Pep and this team, winning and losing his way, than fluke some bollocks knockout that even Forest, Villa and Marseille have managed to win.

Make no mistake, this team needs us, just as much as we need them over this next couple of weeks.
Well said @tolmie's hairdoo.

City will win the champions league when the time is right. Fluking it like the chavs and Liverpool does not appeal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.