Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I know its only a game blah blah but this has absolutely knocked me sideways. To go out in the manner we have is just awful. Couldnt sleep last night and ive got up this morning feeling bereft

one minute sat there discussing how we are getting to paris…
The next im on my knees.

To me this is a culmination of a few years bad recruitment . Im repeating myself but we have had no left back for 3 years. No striker for 2/3 years (we knew sergio was finished). And if youre relying on a 37 year in a semi final then we are truly fucked.

Ill back grealish to the hilt because I truly think there is a player there but did we really need to spend £100m on him? Was he really needed?

i KNOW we are top of the league etc but the recruitment the last few years has at best been negligent but at worst heads should roll.

also pep not trusting the youth has heaped more burden on a very thin squad.

i dont know where we go from here. Sack pep? I feel like it right now if im honest but maybe ill feel better as the day goes on. And who would be the alternative?
Sack the barca boys at the top? Maybe but then are they the package with pep?

our scouting system/recruitment needs some sort of overhaul and players brought in who know how to get across this champs league line. Because no matter how much we hate it the club HAVE to win it. Pure and simple. Otherwise we stay at the level below those clubs who have.

rant over… happy fuckin birthday to me :(

Ahh mate. Happy Birthday. Was mine after the Euro final so know how fucking miserable it can be!

The club have certainly made some errors in terms of addressing problems in the squad. When you look at how Liverpool have recruited it is harder to comprehend. The timing if Diaz too gave them a huge boost.

Klopps uses younger players enough to know they could come in if really needed. We will have McAtee and Lavia on the bench in the CL for another 3 years before Pep ever uses them. And when he does we'll be 4-0 up with a minute left!

Forget about footy and have a good day. Nothing is going to get fixed today!

Mad thing is, i only want us to win the UCL to shut all the mongs up who say "peps a failure, only won 1 with messi" , " never be a great team until you win it" etc, when in reality its just a cup comp where anything can happen as we have experienced over the years, it means or proves little really as Chelsea shown last year, best team on the day but overall nothing special, just my opinion but as long as we manage to remain kings of England, i will be happy!! Lets push on now blues, 4 games, MCFC ok.
Pisses me off all this never be a great team etc but the same people go on about arsenal and their invincibles, who done sweet FA in Europe being a great team

Easy answer
I trust Ake more than Laporte
Ake has never let us down, is quicker and has great positional awareness whereas Laporte has been half the player he was since that nasty knee injury a few years ago
Ake has let us down, almost every player has, but I’ll grant you that he’s quicker over the ground. However, he’s just not comfortable enough on the ball at the highest level.

Perhaps. However, I suspect the management don’t want to do that because it then means adopting a different style of play, and that in turn means quite a few established players will start to look less comfortable.

pep had those kind of players in the past, keita, vidal and whatnot. but still the point is that even against madrids oldies i felt some lack of bite in the midfield, de bruyne not looking himself didnt help

86th minute, Somehow Mendy blocks the ball on the line and somehow it misses Foden, then Courtois makes an amazing save with his feet. Small margins again go against us. Madrid score with there first two attempts on target in injury time and then Madrid get the inevitable penalty. Then Courtois makes an amazing save from Foden and Ferna just cant wrap his foot around it to equalise. The smallest of margins.

We player really well, but the injuries to Kev and Walker cost us, yes Walker was a gamble but it worked and the subs were the right subs at the right time. We controlled the game and somehow we lost the game, that is football and its why its such a thrilling game.Yes its another disappointment in the CL for us and again i reiterate it was the smallest of margins that went against us. Its not the first time its happened and it wont be the last I fear.

Yes we can complain about the referee but overall i thought he had a good game apart from the yellows Casimero deserved and it was a penalty. You have to admire Real though, they have now done this to PSG, Chelsea and to us, maybe the belief they have that the trophy is theirs plays a part.

Now we have to pick ourselves up and win the league, that is going to be hard, the lads gave everything last night and it will be deflating. its an examination of character and as long as the lads show the same character as they did they last, we will win it.
Last minute goals are a bastard, I was on the coach with you when a last minute goal made us feel the total opposite.

Roger palmer 2-2 old Trafford :)

I know its only a game blah blah but this has absolutely knocked me sideways. To go out in the manner we have is just awful. Couldnt sleep last night and ive got up this morning feeling bereft

one minute sat there discussing how we are getting to paris…
The next im on my knees.

To me this is a culmination of a few years bad recruitment . Im repeating myself but we have had no left back for 3 years. No striker for 2/3 years (we knew sergio was finished). And if youre relying on a 37 year in a semi final then we are truly fucked.

Ill back grealish to the hilt because I truly think there is a player there but did we really need to spend £100m on him? Was he really needed?

i KNOW we are top of the league etc but the recruitment the last few years has at best been negligent but at worst heads should roll.

also pep not trusting the youth has heaped more burden on a very thin squad.

i dont know where we go from here. Sack pep? I feel like it right now if im honest but maybe ill feel better as the day goes on. And who would be the alternative?
Sack the barca boys at the top? Maybe but then are they the package with pep?

our scouting system/recruitment needs some sort of overhaul and players brought in who know how to get across this champs league line. Because no matter how much we hate it the club HAVE to win it. Pure and simple. Otherwise we stay at the level below those clubs who have.

rant over… happy fuckin birthday to me :(
Come on mate, "Sack Pep" have a strong coffee, dust yourself down & tell the world to PISS OFF but dont even think about sacking Pep, he is the main reason we are where we are & we need to get behind him & the club now they need us more than ever.

We were the better side over two legs by far.

We should have been safe after the first leg - 4-3 was a great result given they were being battered.

We simply need to take our chances. We need to be able to close up shop and play it cool. And we need more reliable strength in depth in some positions.

But sometimes funny things happen in football.... We benefited in '99 and with the Aguero moment. Sometimes it bites you on the bum.

91 other clubs would swap places for our set-up in a heartbeat.

If you want certainty in football, then people need to find another hobby?

It's shocking, but hardly devastating, we lost in a European Cup semi-final away to Real Madrid.

First World problems.

Pep and the Club have worked wonders and a Fourth Premier League title in five seasons would be nothing short of phenomenal.

A lot of people are jumping the shark. We won't get better than Pep, unless we want to try and fluke a Roberto De Matteo for 12 months?

I have sensed with this competition that quite a few people now want to to win it just to shut up our detractors, but those critics will still be there, regardless.

The only thing we as fans need to concern ourselves with, is making sure we are right behind the lads over this next week and drag them over the line.
l like reading common sense.

Like many, I’m still gutted this morning about last night. There are, rightly, some fingers being pointed but we can’t change the past. The lads will be as upset as anyone and it’s times like these we need to stick together. It’s not just a big game for ‘them’ against Newcastle, it’s a big game for us as fans to support them the best we can. We will win this thing eventually, and when we do it will taste sweeter because of moments last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.