Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Just a reminder, guys, Real paid ultimate respect, defending deep, 5 at the back for much of the 1st half - at home - and literally trying to physically intimidate us. We withstood it all and came away with a great result. They even man-marked Big Earl which is something you never associate them with - that's how much they feared and had to respect us.
They can dress it up anyway they want, but, they aren't winning next week. We'll pose too many problems for them.

More confident now than before the game in Madrid. Playing this high level of counter attacking team was always going to be tough. Surprised we did not go long to Haaland instead we settled for possession to retain control of the game as best we could. Second leg will be different. Got to go for it so I would expect us to do what we did against Arsenal.

Madrid are masters of breaking up play and lethal on the counter. City have struggled against opponents who deploy this tactic. So it’s no surprise pep went a tad more cautious. Both teams played ok.

3-1 to us at home. 4-2 overall.

We got this. The team is a lot more resilient and combative.
Pep played it just how he wanted. Going all out for them in the first leg away from home would have been stupid, especially with their forward line. No doubt we’ll see a much more quicker City next week, we’re capable of blowing any team away within the first 20 minutes.

Not a chance. Gundogan is a near certain starter, may get a rest Sunday though
Needs a rest after that assault. I would rest Jack as well after Carvahal did his best Andy Robertson impression on him. Make sure he’s fresh for Wednesday to get under his skin and a strong referee will have him and Rudiger off by half time

How far we have come when I am disappointed to draw away at Madrid.
The City fans were fantastic....to hear blue moon ring out above the real fans was just brilliant.

I hope City as a club can get to the same place in terms of stadium and following and not forget the working class match going fans that kept this club going in the 1980's, 90's, 00's and 10's.

How far we have come when I am disappointed to draw away at Madrid.
The City fans were fantastic....to hear blue moon ring out above the real fans was just brilliant.

I hope City as a club can get to the same place in terms of stadium and following and not forget the working class match going fans that kept this club going in the 1980's, 90's, 00's and 10's.
Unfortunately it’s not a working class game anymore as shown by all the half and half scarf tourists at our home games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.