Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

They pressed him yesterday and he lost the ball when he was under a lot of pressure. That midfield press was too much for him yesterday. I'll play Bernie there for his defensive work rate and link-up play. Alvarez in front of Walker. That would completely neutralize Vini.
His performance changed after being shithoused off Rudiger, I don’t think he recovered after that (assist apart) he was definitely feeling it and Pep should’ve maybe taken the decision to play the full 90 out of his hands, having said all that no Gundo no goal

But why do they know the rules? Madrid had the ball after that and they lost it and we scored, so it doesn't matter if the ball was out of play before or not.
You can't play advantage if the ball goes out of play so if it was out then VAR should have disallowed the goal.
We know from the home derby they check for the ball being out of play (6th goal IIRC) so I'm happy to celebrate KDB's strike.

More confident now than before the game in Madrid. Playing this high level of counter attacking team was always going to be tough. Surprised we did not go long to Haaland instead we settled for possession to retain control of the game as best we could. Second leg will be different. Got to go for it so I would expect us to do what we did against Arsenal.

Madrid are masters of breaking up play and lethal on the counter. City have struggled against opponents who deploy this tactic. So it’s no surprise pep went a tad more cautious. Both teams played ok.

3-1 to us at home. 4-2 overall.

We got this. The team is a lot more resilient and combative.

They pressed him yesterday and he lost the ball when he was under a lot of pressure. That midfield press was too much for him yesterday. I'll play Bernie there for his defensive work rate and link-up play. Alvarez in front of Walker. That would completely neutralize Vini.
He didn’t seem the same after the thug Rudiger tried to shatter his cheekbone

i think mahrez could be the game winner for us, for all his attacking flair vinicius doesnt help out in defence, i reckon mahrez would rip them a new one
Depends who plays left back as well, they have a decision to make, Militao definitely comes back in for them, does Alaba go out there or do they stick with Camavinga, this will affect who anchors the midfield, Kroos or Camavinga

Personally, I’d go false nine for this one, you could see we had less control than the previous games we’d played against Madrid. If we need a goal after 60-70 mins then bring the Viking on. Never happening though.

Personally, I’d go false nine for this one, you could see we had less control than the previous games we’d played against Madrid. If we need a goal after 60-70 mins then bring the Viking on. Never happening though.
Nor should it. Drop a 51-goal phenomenon for the biggest game of the season? If we need a goal in the last 20 minutes then it proves what a dreadful error in selection it would have been. Pep would never live it down if he dropped Haaland and to suggest he should is laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.