Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

hereford-calf-on-white-background-looking-at-camera.jpg
Yorkshire likes this.

They pressed him yesterday and he lost the ball when he was under a lot of pressure. That midfield press was too much for him yesterday. I'll play Bernie there for his defensive work rate and link-up play. Alvarez in front of Walker. That would completely neutralize Vini.
Doesn’t matter what you’d do, Pep will play him, quite rightly too

Absolutely this or Foden, I love Bernie but we need to be on the front foot more and Alvarez dropping and running in to those spaces will help.
Nothing against Bernie in saying that, I agree, we need someone who is going to pin Camavinga in his position. In the first 30 mins he was disciplined and sat deep, Ancelloti realised he could free him up, as Bernie doesn’t have the pace or direct game, this led to the goal and he caused Bernie no end of problems, it’s gonna take a different approach for the second leg and we have the tools

Magnificent performance and given the occasion arguably one of our best in Europe. Rarely will any team go to Madrid and totally boss the first half as we did and whilst the second half was more even I still think we controlled most of the game. Second leg will be immense and I think with a few minor tweaks we will prevail. Their starting eleven is pretty obvious and we can plan whereas we can start Foden, Mahrez etc with no downgrade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.