Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

You should know by now that Madrid could be in a relegation battle in La Liga and still shithouse their way to a Champions League final. They're a different animal in this competition. For full context, they've won 6 La Liga titles in 15 years. In that same period they've won the Champions League 5 times, including three in a row, despite facing much, much stiffer competition. It's just what they do and who they are. Anything better than a 2-0 defeat last night was a good result.
Where we never get credit is the fact that we're in to win 3 competitions.

The difficulty involved for us is massive compared to the other teams and us winning the Champions League would be a far greater achievement than had Madrid, Inter or AC Milan won it this year.

No team left in the Champions League can even be a champion of their domestic league this season except for us. Inter and AC Milan are 20pts behind Napoli who are now Italian champions and Real Madrid are 14pts behind Barcelona.

City are being pushed on every front in every game and we can't drop points in any of them. We played a full strength team against Leeds and then 3 days later we played last night in Madrid. Madrid will probably rest a few players this weekend because it isn't the end of the world if they don't win whereas we will have to play a full strength team against Everton.

Madrid know how to win in this competition but winning in 3 or more competitions at the same time is a different thing and they rarely do that but this year yet again we are and no-one ever gives us credit for it.

As a result this team should go down as the best ever if we win the Champions League. If Madrid win it then no-one would really care because that's all they've won this season really.

Last edited:
Idiots at work and friends keep texting me saying our goal should have stood and I keep saying “ send me evidence why “ ??

They keep sending that cartoon photo someone on the Madrid pay roll made for bein sports hours after that match..

Madness to me people can’t see it’s to crank pressure on uefa and refs for next week.

I keep asking people to send evidence which isn’t this graphic design and they can’t Lol.
Ask em to explain Bernie’s right foot touching the line & his left has crossed his body almost parallel to his right, which meets the ball full on, then ask em how wide a football is & factor that in to their calculations, impossible to see how it’s left play, but I can’t prove it did or didn’t and neither can anyone else (yet)

Don’t see Pep starting anyone in front of Walker than Silva next week.

And what Akanji has done as stand in LB against Saka and Rodrygo is incredible. Credit to Grealish too providing cover. That’s why I’d be amazed if Silva doesn’t start next week.

Last edited:
Idiots at work and friends keep texting me saying our goal should have stood and I keep saying “ send me evidence why “ ??

They keep sending that cartoon photo someone on the Madrid pay roll made for bein sports hours after that match..

Madness to me people can’t see it’s to crank pressure on uefa and refs for next week.

I keep asking people to send evidence which isn’t this graphic design and they can’t Lol.
We gave the ball away after that before winning it back and kdb scoring. My understanding is you cant take it back 2 periods of play, so any discussion of whether in or out ends when we lose the ball anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.