Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Weird how when you fix the line on BEIN's own terrible grainy graphic it looks inconclusive...

The red line they've drawn intersects with the middle of the white line for.... reasons, it actually looks like it's been purposely manipulated in the middle of the line to make it look more out than it actually is.

You simply can't call this ball out with a shitty 3D model when there's no proper technology being used, Hawkeye needs about 8 cameras to be properly calibrated to get this level of accuracy, without that everything else is speculative nonsense. If it is out it's going to be down to the millimetre, not the kind of call a referee can easily make on the field.

View attachment 78358
It doesn’t matter, anyway.

They won the ball back between Bernardo keeping it in and Kev scoring his worldie.

They could have cleared it down field to reset, held on to it to render the incident inconsequential, or even kicked it out to remonstrate to the ref.

Instead, they almost immediately lost it, we played seven or eight more passes, and then Kev put the ball in the back of the net.

Ancelotti’s moaning, the CGI diagram, and the whole Spanish media flurry is just to try to create the narrative that they were hard done by ahead of the second leg, in the hopes they’ll get some sort of make up call from the officials.

Just more shitehousery from the bastard Kings of the “dark arts”.

I thought the ref had a stinker, just in general he had no control over the game. During the first 20mins when we were all over them, i know journalists were fawning over Real Madrid like they were "controlling" us and had us where they wanted us - bollocks. We were playing with them at times, the Real Madrid fans were booing them because they were nowhere near the ball. But the way Real Madrid countered that was with aggressive tackles (understandably) and some of them needed cards at that point. Get the cards in then, the game changes as they will be worried about getting reds. I thought the push on Grealish into the side boards was a disgrace, Kroos' tackle on Gundo, the tackle earlier that kept him on the floor needed a yellow, it was a really bad performance from the ref.
So I thought overall we played really well, we're quite clearly a better team than Real Madrid but they are brilliant at managing 'moments'. What i mean is they know they will get opportunities and they know they have the ability to take them, that's something we need to negotiate round better.
I was listening to The Guardian podcast just now and they were going on about how great Real Madrid are, how City were allowed to keep the ball and were not doing anything with it (forgetting we had 6 shots on target but OKAY). It's pretty clear how the media treat one of their own teams against a European team is only applicable for non-City teams because obviously we don't represent England, being Oil Money FC.

It doesn’t matter, anyway.

They won the ball back between Bernardo keeping it in and Kev scoring his worldie.

They could have cleared it down field to reset, held on to it to render the incident inconsequential, or even kicked it out to remonstrate to the ref.

Instead, they almost immediately lost it, we played seven or eight more passes, and then Kev put the ball in the back of the net.

Ancelotti’s moaning, the CGI diagram, and the whole Spanish media flurry is just to try to create the narrative that they were hard done by ahead of the second leg, in the hopes they’ll get some sort of make up call from the officials.

Just more shitehousery from the bastard Kings of the “dark arts”.

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things... another phase of play etc. I'm just a stickler for technical accuracy :)

Nothing worse than people trying to claim evidence using tools that are an order of magnitude too imprecise for the job. It's like a red rag to a bull for me.

Fun facts for anyone nervous about the second leg against Madrid:

We have drawn each away leg of our current CL knockout round run 1-1 (Leipzig, Bayern, Real), winning our home games comfortably.

We’ve not lost at home to anyone in the CL since the shock Lyon defeat in 2018.
Did you have to say that?

:-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.