Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Been on the sherry EB? :)
*lol* no, I wasn’t watching and started reading the match day thread, then just before half time I had a phone call from my neighbour to say my alarm was going off!! As the builder had the only other key I was making phone calls trying to sort it out! Then when I got back to my neighbour he said ‘I think you might be more upset about the fact that RM have just scored!’ He said we had more of the ball etc. so I was so excited when I eventually got a text saying it was a draw I had to ‘shout’! :-) :-)

Great result - we showed a lot of character after undeservingly going a goal down. To score when we did shows the belief in the team.
The heat must have helped them more than us and the crowd and stadium are always intimidating.

One thing that continues to put me off this competition is the shit officiating. Madrid going down at every opportunity- the ref bottles it or ignores the big decisions (Kroos ?). They seem to blow for every slight contact but never give cards out until much later in the game.

Very frustrating that we obviously played to not lose and we were scared about being caught on the break. Of course you could call it a pragmatic away leg and we now have a one off game at home to get to the final.

The game turned when we gave stupid balls away at the back and lost some confidence in the first half. Started hitting it long and losing it. So frustrating but we have to remember who and where we were playing and say "professional result".

The referee did all he could to not book a Madrid player. Carvajal needed a slap for what he did to Grealish and Rudiger was his normal physical self. There were a couple of dives and handball shouts and I think we did well to not react badly. Gundo should have done much better to get closer to Vinicius for his goal but it is what it is.

None of the attackers really impressed but I think that was due to the fear of transition. I hate to say it but Silva is doing my head in. He seems to have lost all creative spark and for longer than I care to remember his passing has been lazy and uninspired. He often plays little short passes to the wrong side of his team mates which put us on the backfoot. He gives us a lot of running and is a good defensive winger but I feel like he has so much more ability that we just don't see.

So on paper a great away result but one I can't say I'm happy with. maybe my expectations were too high

Fuck off, that’s a ridiculous comment, heavy schedule, playing in sweltering heat against an established CL team who hadn’t conceded a goal in the competition for over 6 hours, come away with a draw and home next week. Take a deep breath and appreciate what we’ve just done.
What are you talking about?
What was negative in what I said?

Maybe you should read again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.