Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Bit of a weird game. Thought we played really well first half and were getting beat at half time. Second half we were awful for 20 mins but then scored a worldie!!

All in all 1 all away is a great result. Dominated large parts of the match

Walker was brilliant. You could see the intensity and concentration on his face and he was just outstanding.
Thought there was a nice moment when Vinicius tried the rainbow flick oh him, and you could see them both laughing at it in the background. I imagine the conversation was something like "nice trick, but not today, you cheeky bastard".

Absolutely fantastic game that with 2 teams who wanted to play football. Honestly, if you're not happy after watching that and getting a 1-1 away at the European Champions, maybe football just isn't for you.

The game had everything, a contrast of styles, individual brilliance for both goals, some typically awful CL reffing, end to end and it could've been 4-3 on another day to either team.

They won't fancy coming to City at all and we really handled going behind well. A few years ago we'd have been 3-0 at HT.

Can't wait for the return leg!

cOME ON CITY!!!

When was the last time he got that excited watching Tea Bag and his beloved Rags ?

I would have expected Owen to get that excited but Fedinand ......what a Cnut.
That should be a sackable offence.
It won't be - unprofessional and hugely insulting to Lescott too.
British team in a semi - not asking him to support us, but at least show some decorum you manchild.

I don't know how to feel about this. Yes, 1-1 is a decent result and keeps us well in it. And the Bernabeau is such an intimidating place.

But on the other hand, we played so far below our best. We controlled much of the game, but it was slow and laborious and creating very few clear cut chances. We had many opportunities to hit them fast on the break and took none of them, just passing backwards, or fucking it up. I sometimes feel Pep is strangling the life out of our players by drumming into them to not lose the ball under any circumstances. Grealish and Bernie typified this, hardly ever taking a man on, just passing backwards or cutting inside and passing sideways.

I said 3 years ago we would never win the CL whilst Pep is at the helm. Then we signed Haaland and I started to think yes maybe we might. Now I am having my doubts again. We SHOULD win the home leg, so fingers crossed we can step up and do so
I think you're watching the wrong team. Being a good team doesn't mean attacking at 100mph all the time. If we had done that tonight in 80 degree heat they would have been exhausted long before the end and probably lost 3 or 4-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.