Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

I thought we were extremely poor on the ball at times, probably gundogan and kdb’s poorest night this season on the ball. Off the ball we were solid.

Pep really should have let Mahrez have 10 minutes to run at them but I guess it was prudence to keep them all on.

Bring these fuckers on next week.

I thought we were looking a bit tired at the end and they were winning second balls, no harm came and I don't think subs would have won us anything but may have made us less likely to concede with a bit of extra energy on midfield.
Kevin was blowing hard and Bernardo struggling particularly having picked up a booking.
Pep has forgotten far more about football than I'll ever know but was surprised not to see a couple of subs.
He substituted De Bruyne in the Arsenal game to good effect when similarly tired.
We aren't used to playing in that kind of heat.
We'll be a different animal at the Etihad.

Very happy with that result considering how the game was going just before Kev scored.

We're probably slight favourites now given the home advantage but it won't be easy.

One more big performance next week and we're in the final!

Sometimes I despair….
We weren’t fucking playing Everton or Forest tonight
AWAY TO REAl MADRID IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMIFINAL
Which bit of the above don’t you understand???
A bit different I think!
I don't know what else to say. As a team we played really well. Individually our players were really poor. Madrid was the opposite, as a team they are poor, but their players individually played well. It's an amazing result, and I am sure (just as I was before this match), that we are a better team. I just didn't like our transitions, our passing, some of our controls were poor.

As a fan, every player gave their all, and we were always focused. We just had a little bit of bad luck that some players were not at their best offensively.

If the ball was indeed out of play on our goal, was the first time we’ve got a slice of luck in this tournament over the years.
Reminds me of that World Cup goal was it japan or Spain ball looked over the line,they released an image and shadow of ball was partially over line so was still in play..

If we went fully at them we would have been on the end of a heavy defeat
This performance was a direct, pragmatic response to the defeat in Madrid last year.

A basketball game broke out in the end of that second leg match and, when you’re away from home, against arguably the best club in CL history, with a ref generally deferring to the opposition players as to what his decisions on incidents should be, you are always going to lose when that happens.

Pep and the coaching team were absolutely not going to let that happen again. And these were the tactics to prevent that.

As soon as we went down, we closed shop, got to the half, regrouped, and made some tweaks. We started the second have a bit passively but then turned up the tempo a bit, Kev scored that goal that trumped Vinicius’ shot, and we then went back in to “control as much as you can, Kev and Haaland break for a goal when they can”. That stopped it from becoming a free-for-all we would surely lose.

Now we go back to Manchester level, allowing us to force them to play our game at the Etihad, with the crowd behind us, and the players confident we can keep them quiet again.

All-in-all, given they hadn’t let in a goal in god knows how long in the CL, and all of the factors stacking things in their favour, including the officials letting RM players kick/pull/shove/grapple the shite out of ours, that was quite the performance for our lads, even if a few didn’t have their best performances.

Up the blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.