Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

"The ball was off the pitch," Ancelotti said. "The technology said it. I don't understand why VAR didn't check it. The referee didn't pay attention to many things tonight."

laughing-haha.gif
Whether it was or not they did get the ball ball back and lost it. Cunts is a great word to describe Real. A real sense of entitlement running through the team and fans.

Whether it was or not they did get the ball ball back and lost it. Cunts is a great word to describe Real. A real sense of entitlement running through the team and fans.

Henry Winter, for all his faults, made a good point. He has rarely seen Ancelotti react like a crazy Italian like that. No raised eyebrows there, no "it's all under control" vibe - a full-on Mancini-style rant. He knows the last thing he needed for next week was that goal.

No one was particularly poor,they all gave it their best,but not one of our outfield players brought their A game.
To come away with a draw and get the dirty cheating cunts back to our gaff,where we need to be at our most intimidating best,was a great result.

The Ref once again did us no favours,how their players didn't receive earlier cautions was a disgrace.
I thought both teams were as bad as each other last night. It was a good thing the ref stayed calm.

I thought the worst tackle of the night was Bernardo’s down the back of Camavinga’s Achilles (he had two goes at it n’all) early doors. Ref just gave a foul. That was a very poor tackle.
Bernardo also tried bringing Camavinga down from behind in the second half with another poor one but actually missed (was a bit like that McClean one on de Bruyne years ago).

Grealish gave away a poor one early doors that nearly ended his game that would have been a booking to Jack later in the game.

Rodri gave away about three fouls after he was already booked.

Gundo booted someone.

I think they were slightly worse than us but that was two teams kicking the shit out of each other last night and the ref dealt with it well. Proper physical game.

Think we started very well and dominated them as if they were a small team, but we made several mistakes in possession in the minutes before their goal, which encouraged them and lifted their fans.

It was a mistake on our part to not be more aggressive and direct in their 3rd when we were on top. They looked ready to concede. We were passing the ball a bit too much instead of trying to score. This won't happen at the Etihad, though.

Great result. We weren't at our very best, but we fought well and deserved to get a draw.

We had problems at Leipzig too...This season we've been really strong at home: we smashed United, Leipzig, Liverpool, Bayern, Arsenal...We'll be good vs Real too.

Last edited:
Will take the result of course but can't help but think that game was there to be won if we went for it rather than played to control it. Will have to be better second leg and expect we will be. Have to fancy us in a one off game at home to get to the final.

Bench was there to be used today to give us a boost second half, can't believe pep didn't make a sub when it's that hot and you've got the likes of foden, mahrez and alvarez on the bench and he's talked about players being tired.

We will make the Etihad a cauldron next week and cheer the boys into the final we will get the job done.

Have to say, fair play to the ref, very lenient, sometimes a bit too lenient but he was consistent for both sides and he didn't fall for any of their shithouse tactics. Probably the best ref we have had for a number of years.
Wow I thought the ref was terrible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.