Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Madrid was also really poor. Individual flashes of brilliance, but overall poor. You cannot say we played well when Gundogan and Bernardo were losing the ball half the time when Madrid barely pressed them. Grealish had a poor game too, and KDB could have been better. I am one of the first that defend the team when we drew against Everton adn Nottingham, because we played really well both times. Today, we were focused, really serious, but some of the players played really extremely poor (thankfully the defense and Ederson all had strong performances).
You don’t halve post some shite

I thought both teams were as bad as each other last night. It was a good thing the ref stayed calm.

I thought the worst tackle of the night was Bernardo’s down the back of Camavinga’s Achilles (he had two goes at it n’all) early doors. Ref just gave a foul. That was a very poor tackle.
Bernardo also tried bringing Camavinga down from behind in the second half with another poor one but actually missed (was a bit like that McClean one on de Bruyne years ago).

Grealish gave away a poor one early doors that nearly ended his game that would have been a booking to Jack later in the game.

Rodri gave away about three fouls after he was already booked.

Gundo booted someone.

I think they were slightly worse than us but that was two teams kicking the shit out of each other last night and the ref dealt with it well. Proper physical game.
At the least the ref gave those as fouls for RM, unlike Grealish being shoved into the boards behind the goal, Stones being tripped on the edge of RM's area when running through and Rudiger taking out Gundogan.

Apart from a worldy from Vinicius and header from Benzema which Ederson made easy work of. We restricted them to long range pot shots. They had a good spell at the beginning of the second half, however it wilted away and City ended up scoring. They won’t be happy they’ve had their opportunity to put City away at their place and not took it.

They now have to come to the Etihad where I don’t think they’ve ever won a group or knock out game in the champions league. They are also going to have to break the longest home unbeaten run in champions league for an English club, spanning back to 2018 when City lost to Lyon.

Plenty of mileage left in this tie and they are a very dangerous side. We didn’t capitulate when they scored and managed to get the next goal in the game, they won’t want to come to the Etihad though.

I thought both teams were as bad as each other last night. It was a good thing the ref stayed calm.

I thought the worst tackle of the night was Bernardo’s down the back of Camavinga’s Achilles (he had two goes at it n’all) early doors. Ref just gave a foul. That was a very poor tackle.
Bernardo also tried bringing Camavinga down from behind in the second half with another poor one but actually missed (was a bit like that McClean one on de Bruyne years ago).

Grealish gave away a poor one early doors that nearly ended his game that would have been a booking to Jack later in the game.

Rodri gave away about three fouls after he was already booked.

Gundo booted someone.

I think they were slightly worse than us but that was two teams kicking the shit out of each other last night and the ref dealt with it well. Proper physical game.
The worst foul was surely Kroos on Gundo, really poor challenge.

At the least the ref gave those as fouls for RM, unlike Grealish being shoved into the boards behind the goal, Stones being tripped on the edge of RM's area when running through and Rudiger taking out Gundogan.
The Kroos one on Gundo is a red in the Prem, it was waist high when he kicked him, to quote Dermot “he was off the ground, out of control and reckless” he actually gave advantage on the Stones one, something I haven’t seen in 40yrs of watching football, the ref was over keen on not giving a red due to his rep before the match, this was his audition for the final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.