Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 2 yellows and potentially missing 2nd leg
after a 3rd booking:

Dias

Camavinga, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Vinicius jr.

After the end of the 2nd leg all yellows will be wiped out (NOT fresh suspensions though!).
That's actually quite a big advantage for us.

There's no way Camavinga and Bellingham will be able to help themselves to putting their foot in, and it's unnatural to play in a game of this size worrying about getting booked

I'd be surprised if at least one of those didn't get booked

Got to hope Gvardiol is fit, for balance more than anything else.
No particular issue with Lewis playing, but probably a risk to have him at right back against Vinicius. Not sure we can afford to have him stepping into midfield, leaving space out wide?
Switching him and Akanji might be an option, but I wouldn’t want to see Dias defending that left channel too much.
The safe(r) option is probably a more orthodox back 4, with Bernardo (or maybe Kovacic) alongside Rodri. But that might well make it more difficult to get the ball forward incisively (like against Arsenal).
Tricky.

He was faultless as a LB against Arsenal away some time ago. Bernardo is so good he can successfully play anywhere on the pitch. Could give it a go, with Akanji on the right. We would then play Kovacic in midfield for extra protection.

Gvardiol is allegedly fit enough to travel, though, so there is a chance he starts and we won't have a dilemma.
I might be mistaken but I thought he was booked early, kept fouling Saka and Ake was brought on early (Pep sub early)?

They’ll be wanting to put things right after the second leg last year,we need to be totally focused and not give the ref any opportunity to brandish cards or give silly free kicks away..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.