• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
_______________Ortega____________

Rico______Dias______Stones____Akanji

______________Rodri__________

Bernardo___Foden__KDB_______Grealish

____________Alvarez_____________

Kyle Walker will be a big miss , Rico Lewis vs Vinicius Junior would be a mismatch .

they will spam vini ball so gotta be ready for that, rico is not that guy, let akanji handle the brazilian

edit: although we might be a man short in that case if gvardiol isnt fit

Last edited:
I think we take a draw right now, get them back to the Etihad when we have more chance of our defenders being fit.

Their pace and energy is a huge concern for our defence. We need Akanji on both the right and left, not sure how we overcome that. I don't see a defensive line up that I'm comfortable with, we're a couple short at the back and I am very concerned that if they find a way through early it could be a few going in.

Have a sneaking feeling Kev will be benched for this one, although I hope not. If he does play then has to be Foden right and Bernie centre with Rodri, we need our best press resistant players in there. But there's a case for kovacic also in the middle, it may come down to how pep feels we can best handle their midfield energy and bursting runs into the box, and Kovacic may be the more likely to track these, hence why Kev benched is a possibility. I think having Luton at weekend at home is a boost here, hopefully.

That said, playing Kev gives us the chance to counter press rapidly though which could be vital. Haaland has to be on it though. Rudiger will happily take chunks out of him otherwise, and I don't expect a ref who is happy to give a penalty to the away team here for a grapple or shove, and playing around that thug is more profitable anyway. Although we should also be mindful that they have a couple of players on yellows who could miss the return leg if booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.