Real Madrid Champions League q/f 2nd leg (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Akanji for me but shout out for Rodri who showed Bellendham how to run a midfield.

Ederson 8 couldn't do anything about the goal (actually did really well to block the first effort), had very little to do and actually saved AND scored a penalty!

Walker 9 Thought he was immense. Shut down one of the worlds best attackers multiple times

Dias 8 Best display in ages

Akanji 8 very solid, and a threat going forward too

Gvardiol 8 rapidly becoming a favourite of mine, thought he was very good (again)

Rodri 7 Better than last week, but not in Godri mode

KDB 8 Very, very good and got an important goal

Bernado 7 Busy busy but not as affective as he's been prviously

Grealish 8 Amazed he got taken off, thought he was excellent tonight

Haaland 6 Sorry, but we need more at the very top level. He's been a great signing but we need to figure out a better way to use him in the TOP games

Foden 7 Stuck out right, couldn't be as effective there and it showed

Subs:

Doku 9 Made a hell of a difference when he came on, changed the whole game

Manager:

Pep 8 Mostly got it right, the stats dont lie, we had full control - unlucky

I've seen some saying why didn't we do the same as last season and go for it from minute 1? Two reasons;

1. We are not as good/fluid as last season, something not quite clicking or maybe losing Gundo/Mahrez hurting more than we thought?

2. Ancelotti didn't try to out-chaos us as he did last year, he played the risky game of sitting back, and it worked for him - just

Frustrating, because we were obviously the better side, but if it means we go on to win a 4th Prem on the trot and spank the Rags in another final I don't think too many will be complaining at the end of the season

Worse than Sergio's against Chelsea?

I voted for Jack.
I was about to reply Sergio's last pen was worse.
Voted for Jack if we kept him on with Doku on the right who knows the outcome.
Credit to Eddie save a pen and scored a pen.
What a disgrace Madrid shithousery was similar tactics to Everton and the ref did nothing to stop them.
Wembley Saturday KEEP THE FAITH

I went for Akanji.
He was everywhere but the whole defence played well (apart from the goal - Walker!)

Grealish had a good game but he needs to use his pace more and really attack the fullback. We've seen him do it, he just needs to do it more and consistently. It causes havoc - see Doku!

Glad so many agree re Manu. He was not only a defensive rock but an attacking threat. Worked his socks off for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.