Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Throughout 2023 we've got better and better. I said a few weeks ago that this was the best "City" I'd ever seen, but we're still improving game by game. In the last 4 games we haven't even been getting goals from Big Earl - 1 in 4 games - but still we're battering everyone. Last night, against Europe's best apparently, we gave a masterclass.

Pep is the God of football. I'm thinking that, by June 11th, he might have cured my Cityitis.
Was thinking about this the other day when someone mentioned the same thing on Twitter - actually there is probably another level for City to go up as mad as it sounds. Pep def wants full backs, probably ones that can defend and attack equally as good and we've never really had that. He will want a new 8 and maybe a winger as well. 1 season for Haaland to bed in, Foden to get back in as well, the sky really is the limit and it now only depends on how long Pep is willing to stay. What a time to be a City fan, mental - we just beat the living shit out of Real Madrid in their own competition.

They are the best football team I have ever seen. First 45 was a level I could not have imagined. I knew they had that in them, but to see it...Madrid are brilliant and were absolutely slotted. Holland 1970s, Liverpool 88, Barca 2011, nope, this team is THE SHIT.

I rarely watched Rags treble team as I despise them on a granular basis, so I can't comment. Pep has got a team here that is utterly pure.

The two global stars, KDB and Unstoppable Robot Boy didn't really perform at their level. And yet...

I couldn't speak for an hour after the game, I kept crying. I was totally overcome with so many emotions. I've watched them since 1972 and have been to football hell and back. And then that display. Unreal. My late father would have eaten that. I'm going, again.

I love this club.

Last edited:
IMG-3556.jpg

Hard to put in to words how good we were. I am trying to not look at this through blue tinted lenses but I honestly cannot recall witnessing a higher standard than that which we served up in the first half. It was just so intense and relentless.

On a side note, I did enjoy Rudiger coming on and being as useful as a traffic one.
Maybe not as slick as prime Pep Barcelona, but more aggressive and athletic while being just as dominant. Just unreal, if we ever see another 45 minutes as good at that at Eastlands we'll be very, very lucky. Need to rewatch it in full when I get home later cos I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the ground.

Oh my days what a night heads banging,thats as good as ever been in all my life watchin city im fuckin buzzin

I expected it to be a bit cagey and pedestrian to start, similar to last week's game. However we started at a pace where Real's ageing midfield couldn’t get near us and 2-0 at half time was an injustice to our superiority
Obviously they upped their game at the start of the 2nd half and although didn't really threaten, they were much better and in control of the ball.
The substitutions of Modric and Kroos turned the possession back in our favour
A truly wonderful performance which could have easily finished 7-0

After the game I messaged my brother who was watching it in a bar in Portugal and said "Inter will be watching that and thinking "fucking hell!""
He replied with "I was watching it and thinking "fucking hell "
There was a moment in the first half where Modric got the ball near the touchline in their half, absolutely hounded by 4/5 City players and nowhere to go he ended up backheeling it out and just looking round at his team mates with a 'wtf lads?' look. Insane pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.