Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Just watched highlights. Fix! all it shown was city with the ball.

City now ruining highlights

I expected it to be a bit cagey and pedestrian to start, similar to last week's game. However we started at a pace where Real's ageing midfield couldn’t get near us and 2-0 at half time was an injustice to our superiority
Obviously they upped their game at the start of the 2nd half and although didn't really threaten, they were much better and in control of the ball.
The substitutions of Modric and Kroos turned the possession back in our favour
A truly wonderful performance which could have easily finished 7-0

After the game I messaged my brother who was watching it in a bar in Portugal and said "Inter will be watching that and thinking "fucking hell!""
He replied with "I was watching it and thinking "fucking hell "
They were improved in the second half but I honestly think we invited them on to counter them. We are so comfortable defending now we just didn't look bothered. The few times we weren't in total control Walker handled their pace exceptionally. Think there was one scramble at 3-0 where we weren't comfortable.

Maybe not as slick as prime Pep Barcelona, but more aggressive and athletic while being just as dominant. Just unreal, if we ever see another 45 minutes as good at that at Eastlands we'll be very, very lucky. Need to rewatch it in full when I get home later cos I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the ground.

Double figures would not have flattered us.

It just goes to show how good Spurs really are. Better than Bayern or Real.

Oh and united too obviously.

Posted quickly last night to wish you all congratulations and didn't have time to compose anything proper due to needing to get my head down for a 3am start. Sat having some breakfast now and I still have adrenaline coursing through me from what I witnessed last night.

Something I've not actually revealed yet is that my 11 year old lad is a big City fan (despite my obvious and continual attempts to cajole him into a life of blue and white striped misery...), so I let him have a rare late "school night" to watch his heroes and I'm so glad I did. I can't lie, I've been watching football for 40 years now and that first 45 minutes was the greatest display I have seen by any team ever. It was absolutely fucking breathtaking and practically flawless. By the end of the game I was buzzing in almost the same way I did when I watched Town win the Championship playoffs at Etihad south back in 2017.

I haven't told the young un yet, but I'm planning on surprising him and bringing him over to Manchester for the parade when you bring that big shiny bastard back from Istanbul. And you WILL be bringing it back to sit next to the Premier League and FA Cup trophies. Last night was a huge statement to the rest of the footballing world. You have well and truly arrived. This is YOUR time City fans. Savour every moment of this.

Maybe not as slick as prime Pep Barcelona, but more aggressive and athletic while being just as dominant. Just unreal, if we ever see another 45 minutes as good at that at Eastlands we'll be very, very lucky. Need to rewatch it in full when I get home later cos I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the ground.

Fair point. Barca certainly had the sleight of hand we do not have but, like you said, we have the aggressiveness and athleticism. For me, it was about the high level of performance from everyone, the intensity, the suffocation of the opposition, focus and the speed in which we played. Blew my mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.