Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Sloppy at times last night, unbelievably brilliant at others. Great game to watch. However enough chances to have been out of sight yet again we are not clinical enough in front of goal! Is it me, i know he wasn't at fault last night but Ederson doesn't seem to save many. Considering he has little to do in most games i do think his shot stopping isn't that great!

I think Walker would have got back and at least put a tackle in or cut him off from shooting
Probably wouldn't have tried that trick v walker as he would not have been so confident re out pacing him. You only let the ball go 5 yards away when you know you can whip your opponent for pace. One thing top teams do so well 9including us) is exploit any weakness, not just booting the ball in the corner for a foot race but deliberately manipulating the opposition to ensure 1 v 1 is created with the weak link. Hats off to any team who can do that. What speed of thought and skill. City are probably the best at it as well. We are masters of creating scenarios v the weak link. We should remember that mistakes are not really mistakes but clever manipulation at such a fast pace. No wonder lower level players always say its the concentration against top players that exhausts them. With regards to Fern being there - its tough as this stage of the season there will always be injuries. Next week Casemiro will be back so that will be tough for us.. but we might have Cancelo which will be a big help with a goal lead. Could go anywhere next week, but we do look better. Modric can't cope with pace, switching, yards of covering if Casemiro doesn't clean up.

If you'd offered me a 1-goal lead to take to the Bernabeu yesterday morning i would have taken it. However, it feels weirdly like a loss after last night and I don't think I'm alone in feeling like that. Hopefully we can replicate that performance next week and it's onwards and upwards!

Their defence is bobbins, admittedly they're good going forward but hopefully we won't have a patched up defence out next week.
I accept if walker played one if those goals doesn't happen however the main culprits of ederson Dias and laporte are hardly a patched up defence. Cancelo is a quality player but defensively he ain't great Zin played well.

I have said previously we play Russian roulette football in Europe which is why we have never won it.(Monaco spurs etc..) Last night was the perfect example. Those players didn't use their heads last night let's hope we get away with it. The scousers would have won that by 3 goals last night not because they are better but because they don't have a keeper wafting silly balls to a 5 foot 6 player in our own half or defenders who play hospital passes when the opposition is on the ropes.

I can guarantee Pep will be pissed off with the game management last night. Thank god the away goals rule has gone this year. If we don't smarten up we ain't winning it. I bet Ancelotti can't believe his luck.

I was dazzled by some of our football last night. In my opinion we battered Real last night and are simply a much better side than they are. We should have had the tie sewn up by half time and I think with Haaland in the team it would have been, but Haaland isn't at the club yet. The absence of players who are at the club did have an effect though. Much has been made of Real's ability "to stay in the game" when City seemed likely to run riot but this seems to me to be fortuitous. I do not think that Real would have got back into the game at 3-1 if Kyle Walker had been in our team because Vinicius would not have outpaced him as he did Ferna. RM do not get their second goal. I know that on the other hand Ferna would not have put the cross over for Phil's goal but .... A great game though and what a side City are.

will our attackers practice finishing chances in training during the next week?
i think they wont and it shows...
I think they need a brain transplant, not practice, mate. This has been going on for years and a couple of training sessions isn't going to change it.

If he goes over he leaves a man. Pass to that man then Laporte is asked why he went over. Cant win really.

If it was anythings fault it was having a couple of RBs out and a 37 yr old midfielder replacing them.
Exactly this! I questioned Laporte not engaging Viniscius, but after watching it again, in reality that should have been Fern & Dias' job. If Laporte had engaged, it would have left Zin on his own, as Rodri was trying to cover Dias too. If Walker was playing, I reckon he would've caught Viniscius in a foot race, especially without the ball.

Alas Fern got skinned, Viniscius set off like the Road Runner on fast forward & left everyone for dead. He still had to place the perfect ball past Ederson, so sometimes you've just gotta stand up & applaud a world class goal, from a very dangerous player... )(

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.