Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I accept if walker played one if those goals doesn't happen however the main culprits of ederson Dias and laporte are hardly a patched up defence. Cancelo is a quality player but defensively he ain't great Zin played well.

I have said previously we play Russian roulette football in Europe which is why we have never won it.(Monaco spurs etc..) Last night was the perfect example. Those players didn't use their heads last night let's hope we get away with it. The scousers would have won that by 3 goals last night not because they are better but because they don't have a keeper wafting silly balls to a 5 foot 6 player in our own half or defenders who play hospital passes when the opposition is on the ropes.

I can guarantee Pep will be pissed off with the game management last night. Thank god the away goals rule has gone this year. If we don't smarten up we ain't winning it. I bet Ancelotti can't believe his luck.
Agree with all your points but again their defence is bobbins, couldn't believe my eyes that the Champions of Spain have a defence that bad!
I'll be very disappointed if we don't score a couple over there.

Agree with all your points but again their defence is bobbins, couldn't believe my eyes that the Champions of Spain have a defence that bad!
I agree. The fact we could have scored 8 and probably should have scored at least 6 or 7, really tells a story, doesn't it.

Great Performance by City, I'm so proud of the way they played and we are more than capable of beating them at the Bernabeu.

However we will need Kyle Walker back at right back, are we sure he will be available?

B.Silva-Rodri-KDB is honestly one of the best midfield partnerships I've ever seen, all are highly intelligent, technically sublime and tactically astute, I can see Madrid trying to tempt Bernardo in the summer, keeping him will be as big a coup as signing Haaland.

Madrid goals all came from mistakes and it's the usual culprits at it again. Laporte has to get across to Vinicius for his goal, then he has to be stronger in the air against Benzema, the ball wouldn't hit his hand if he got a proper header in. Gosh!

We need to start asking serious questions about Ederson too, if we've got flaky defenders like Laporte we're going to need a world class shot-stopper because he rarely produces game winning saves.

I think you guys should have won by 3 goals. Its no wonder Real looked happy with the score line as they were gifted 3 goals. I think if Walker is back you guys win the next game comfortably.

I've been saying all season that you guys are the only ones capable of stopping this Liverpool team winning the CL. Please dont let Madrid win cause u know Liverpool are clinical and would have scored all those chances vs Madrid. You know the dippers are probably begging to play this Madrid team in the final and letting Salah/Mane run at their defence.

I think you guys should have won by 3 goals. Its no wonder Real looked happy with the score line as they were gifted 3 goals. I think if Walker is back you guys win the next game comfortably.

I've been saying all season that you guys are the only ones capable of stopping this Liverpool team winning the CL. Please dont let Madrid win cause u know Liverpool are clinical and would have scored all those chances vs Madrid. You know the dippers are probably begging to play this Madrid team in the final and letting Salah/Mane run at their defence.
I don't fancy them running at ours if I'm honest.

I accept if walker played one if those goals doesn't happen however the main culprits of ederson Dias and laporte are hardly a patched up defence.

2 goals. Walker would have stepped up and tackled Vinicius after Mahrez's chickened out of the 50/50, and he's not getting done by Vinicius like Fernandinho.

Personally I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Ederson's passing. It causes trouble because they were committing 7 or 8 players to the press, but that's also why when we did pass out, we were pretty much through on goal instantly. That's the risk vs. reward Pep's always bought into and we know Madrid are great at pressing because that's how they got here - forcing silly mistakes from Donnarumma and Mendy who both gifted Madrid goals directly.

Like with some Liverpool games, you've got to accept some hairy moments passing out of the back because the whole point is to draw players into pressing and then get it past them.

I thought the biggest problem there was Stones not being fit from minute 1 anyway, he gave the ball away a lot after receiving the ball from Ederson, but that's not necessarily Eddie's fault.

My thoughts entirely and I am shocked by the amount of people who think that we will get knocked out
They need to beat us by 2 clear goals to prevent it going to penalties.
This isn't the City of 5 years ago when we would have been intimidated about going to Madrid, we been there and beaten a far better team than this one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.