Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

So annoying.

Chance to kill the game at 2-0 with Mahrez but he goes for glory AGAIN. Then bottled the 50/50 which led to their first.

2 goal lead 3 times and let them off with some stinking defending.

How do we score 4 and not kill them off?? Should have had 6 or 7, too.

Doesn’t feel like a good result at all.
We had a make shift back four without our two first choice full backs, for most of the game we had a 37 year old midfielder at right back.

Even if Mahrez makes it 3-0, Madrid would come back into it, it’s what they do.

It was a great game and glad we get to see it.

Mahrez was an issue tonight! Really bad decisions at vital moments! After his assist for Debruyne he got most things wrong!
Shooting from an angle on his weaker foot when he could have just laid it across for Foden was just selfish and then just a few minutes later bottling a 50/50 which led to their first goal was shocking! Pep looked livid with him on both situations. I was actually surprised he wasn’t hooked at half time! Then his weak cross field pass led to their penalty!

We’ve got it in us to go their and get what we need but we’ve made it a lot harder than it needs to be!
fuck off

Most frustrating thing is we could have put the game to bed tonight. We haven't. That's the best we have played for a long time. There will be goals in Madrid that's for sure.

Before hand I would have taken a one nil. After that I feel I little disappointed we could have put real daylight between us.

We won't defend like that next week.....but neither will they!

Wonderful game of football but so frustrating to only have a one goal advantage.

Cancelo back, hopefully Walker too and we go again. Our standard of play, and personality shown, for the majority of the game was incredible.

It’s been said many times already but on another night we take them for 6 or 7.

Get the feet up and rest ahead of Saturday, decent recovery time between the next two games.

I was disappointed at full time but then listened to Bernie . We won. Would we have taken that before kick off? They got lucky with their penalty as well. So we can either accept it (and be reasonably happy )or totally down in the dumps.

Fucking ridiculous game, some of our attacking football was sublime our defending fucking abysmal. Kev outstanding, Phil brilliant, Mahrez very frustrating, Jesus and Bernie good.
Felt for Fern having to stand in at full back, started off so comfortably and a beautiful ball in for Phil's goal, but then he got caught out and showed why he isn't a full back.
The second leg is impossible to call as both sides will score, just a question of who scores more. Well done City, proud of you tonight

Take your City hat off for a second....

How many millions worldwide watch that thrilling game of football?

We beat Real Madrid and the world watched a truly sensational game.

As Shearer said....

"When you look at it from a neutral point of view - the goals, the atmosphere... It's just been an unbelievable night....It was a joy to be here. It was a joy to watch."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.