Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Why do we make things difficult as we can never relax in a big game . We either miss sitters or our defence falls apart . We are levels above Madrid yet we have now given them a massive boost for the return and poor old kdb pkayed his fucking heart out to be let down by ball greedy play and comedy hour defending .

Once again, this game has left me so proud to be a blue. Just a few years ago I was watching my beloved City struggle to beat Gillinghham. At that point I couldn’t even dream we would play Madrid, let alone, play them off the fuckin park, as we did tonight.
cmon you blues, you must be positive. We outplayed the so called biggest and best club in the world tonight For those that shared the stands with me at Wembley against Gillingham….we know just how far we have come. Yes we have further to travel, but by fuck,.. what a long way we have come… well done City, and well done all blues I’m so proud to be one of you.
cmon City ,, ! We will smash these Spanish boys in Madrid.

Last edited:
I don't get this "it doesn't feel like a win" It does - because we did. In a CL s/f. We are seriously spoilt with this team. Just enjoy it. We might not win anything this season but we've still been brilliant all season and have a monster of a forward coming next season. Don't get drawn in by the scum press who will criticise us every season for not winning the quadruple.

I didn't think the ball for Mahrez was nearly as clear as some have made it out to be. I thought they defended that about as well as they could.

Like others say, it really should have been a statement night with us battering a european giant in the later stages. But instead it ended up being a repeat of our home game vs Spurs in the cl couple of years back. Got a feeling we might look at tonight and that liverpool game at the etihad and regret things.

Really good, defensively poor, but given the circumstances at the back and the stage right now. A win is all that matters, a goal advantage to take to their ground is precious. We have to win the return leg though, and I think we can do it because their backline can be got at very easily. Yes they scored 3 but they had a bit of luck, we created plenty but had only 4. We can outscore them at their own ground again. Just got to keep composure, which was missing from our backline today, oddly enough.

Just in after a lingering walk home, was far too reflective for my liking….. an incredible spectacle but feels a little subdued in my own head, we had that in the bag and no sugarcoating can ignore it….

we went from the sublime to the ridiculous, making Real Madrid look like Burnley at times, if only we had Walker available, I truly believe we’d of spanked them by 4 clear goals..

Although deflated, we can do it over there but I’m scratching my head, that was an opportunity missed to truly underline we are hands down the best team out there!
Agreed

No need when there’ll be plenty of blues in the home end at the Bernebeu, these are visitors to our country & our city, that goes beyond tribalism, it’s pathetic really
I agree, I come from a different era when it was common for fans of both teams to mix in the stadium. This stuff just makes me sad - I guess I’m getting too old for all this s..t

An entertaining game.

I went hoping for some form of lead. Come away with just that but feels we could of finished it tonight.

The opening 20 minutes of play we were on another level

Can’t see the return leg being any different in having a number of goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.