Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Can’t help feeling like that was the worst kind of victory. So many chances to kill the tie and go 3 clear. 2 bad mistakes to keep them in the tie. Now we have an intense match away to Leeds after a frenetic game tonight. Then another intense match away to Madrid.

We need to defend a lot better if we’re going to win this competition.

Sorry, can't agree. I'm always complaining about the whingers but while the match was superb but you're not human if you weren't disappointed we didn't come out of it with a 3-goal lead. They didn't have many more good chances other than the goals, and it's natural for fans to be disappointed knowing that we still have it all to do in Spain.
Madrid have more to do, I'm confident we will have to much for them.

The second leg will determine whether that was one of the greatest games the Etihad has ever played host to or one of the most needlessly chaotic. Hope Walker and Ake are in the back four next week.

Just avoid defeat and we'll be fine.
i cant get those monaco vibes out of my head. Classic match that i just cant go back and watch again due to how the tie ended.
Praying for a shabby 1-1 draw next week

Mahrez was an issue tonight! Really bad decisions at vital moments! After his assist for Debruyne he got most things wrong!
Shooting from an angle on his weaker foot when he could have just laid it across for Foden was just selfish and then just a few minutes later bottling a 50/50 which led to their first goal was shocking! Pep looked livid with him on both situations. I was actually surprised he wasn’t hooked at half time! Then his weak cross field pass led to their penalty!

We’ve got it in us to go their and get what we need but we’ve made it a lot harder than it needs to be!

Errr? We did out score them, we did win.

Although no I’m not writing them off for the second leg but we are ahead at present and I expect us to stay that way!
Talking about the second leg. I would expect Madrid to score at least 2 at home.

Win tonight is great and fully deserved.

If Walker had played that game the tie would be over. Incredibly frustrating, but at least we are taking a lead into the second leg. Without a doubt City are so much better than Madrid but wastefulness in front of goal is biting us again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.