Real Madrid (H) Ticket Info | SOLD OUT

I wonder how many people paid £35 to sign up to be able to get a ticket for this match and didn't get one. Bet they are pissed off too along with everyone else who missed out.

I've got mine so doesn't affect me but can see the club have majorly fucked up on this.
I actually imagine the logic knotted here is how the club have internally justified the process. That the membership buys you access to a range of tickets at a discount, and anyone joining now was given fair crack at Madrid and has lost their other perks by joining so late.

As a season ticket holder of many years, on an average game I spend:

£5 on pint
Maybe £3 on chips if I'm hungry
Total £8 at most

A tourist who's never been to a game will spend:

Well in excess of £50 in the club shop on scarves and shirts and other tat.
£5 on a programme
3 couse meal inside the ground probably totalling over £15.
Total at least £70

If they fill the ground up with 50,000 tourists rather than 50,000 regulars, you're looking at an extra £3million+ in revenue, before you even go in to the overpriced ticket sales.

If this is their logic, it's incredibly short sighted, as this will start alienating local fans, which at the end of the day is the backbone of the club. When we have a 62,000 seat stadium with 20,000 empty seats for a less attractive fixture, the club will only have itself to blame.

You may as well apply that logic to all games. Away games in particular. There would be little to no point in having points

The Sheffield United game shows you where all the glory hunters will be if we turn crap

This Real Madrid game has been deliberately sold in such a way so as to increase demand. The additional membership revenue is of course welcome, as is the revenue from people on a first-time visit who fill the club shop coffers. Yet the long-term ploy is to get people into the cycle of attending matches who do not ordinarily attend. They know that many old-school fans will be pissed off, but they can take these people for granted because, like an abused spouse, they'll always return.

I can almost predict what the reaction will be to season ticket prices - the majority will condemn the inevitable hike, reactions ranging from disappointment to rage. The club will be accused of being tone-deaf, uncaring, and insensitive to the increased living costs we're all experiencing. Nevertheless, the majority will renew without hesitation. You'll then get a minority of the Alright Jack brigade coming on saying "£400 for me and my two lads to watch the best football in the world, absolute bargain, etc, etc" and the like.

All of this leads me to conclude that football is completely detached from real life - at a time when many are genuinely skint, clubs can put up prices and the demand can still go up. It is the most captive market you're ever likely to see. And boy, don't the clubs know it.
Be surprised if we don’t see a minimum of 5-10% increase year on year for the foreseeable.

Fucking farcical.

Tried to buy for someone on my friends and family because they are out of the country this week.

Went on at 9am, got the email prompt and signed in about 10.25am, having been 7k in the queue.

Selected the seat, assigned his name, got the bollocks red message he isn't eligible (saying his quota is 0)

He is a Citizen member and could only buy today, so it's bollocks. Tried repeatedly.

Kicked out after 20 minutes and just told him the bad news.
It happened to me and my two boys missed out. I could see the tickets vanishing before my eyes. There should not be such a stupid bug in such an important piece of software. A head should roll for this. Doesn’t help my lads though.
Same for me. We live in South Wales so don’t have season tickets but me and my two boys (10 and 13) have been matchday members since it was introduced, and have attended every home champs league game this year (even with the 3am arrival back home on school nights!)

We all missed out today, we are gutted!

I don't agree with it but this could be the clubs logic.

As a season ticket holder of many years, on an average game I spend:

£5 on pint
Maybe £3 on chips if I'm hungry
Total £8 at most

A tourist who's never been to a game will spend:

Well in excess of £50 in the club shop on scarves and shirts and other tat.
£5 on a programme
3 couse meal inside the ground probably totalling over £15.
Total at least £70

If they fill the ground up with 50,000 tourists rather than 50,000 regulars, you're looking at an extra £3million+ in revenue, before you even go in to the overpriced ticket sales.

If this is their logic, it's incredibly short sighted, as this will start alienating local fans, which at the end of the day is the backbone of the club. When we have a 62,000 seat stadium with 20,000 empty seats for a less attractive fixture, the club will only have itself to blame.
Yep. Though tbf a lot of regulars do spend a bit in the ground. I don't go out on Saturday nights pissing it up the wall like I did in my 20s and 30s - matchdays are my main leisure spend. I am not spending in the club shop but will spend on a few pints for myself and food for myself and the kids as do a lot of other regulars with younger ones in tow. We are out for the day and that is part of our ritual.

City Matters needs to be all in on things like this.
If they weren’t completely useless, they’d have kicked up a fuss before tickets even went on sale. Was so, so obvious this would happen as soon as the criteria was announced.

The best team in the world can and should charge prices commensurate with their status. We’d be putting ourselves at a commercial disadvantage if we unilaterally decided to freeze prices or charge customers below the market rate.
What you say is true. However, in the great scheme of things the revenue the Club receives from ticket sales is a small fraction of total revenues (my guess is between 5 and 8 percent) and increasing season ticket prices by 10% would maybe add 0.1% to total revenues). The Club can, and will, negotiate better sponsorship deals and will no doubt increase TV revenues. It could easily afford to freeze season ticket prices and would be making a great gesture to the fans, many of whom are struggling to afford them already.

IMG_20230428_162032.jpg

The club are selling a tourist hotel package for basically £500 with a seat right at the back of the east stand what a joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.